Hey, i like tv too!!!

I received my coupon in august and have made 4 trips to the wal-mart to purchase my converter box only to have them tell me that they are all out. After several attempts, i finally gave my name and number so they could call me when one came available and to this day i haven't gotten a call. Therefore my coupon has expired and i need a new coupon. To just not replace these coupons is not fair. We should be able to return the unused coupons in order to receive new ones.:(

I wonder where does the money go for the expired coupons and wonder also why it would cost the government more money to do reissues? btw i think that's why the program went broke. money just flat out never got spent on time for whatever reason so it went into some sort of government black hole. if the money from the expired coupons goes back to the program i don't see the big deal with issuing new coupons so the black hole hypothesis seems correct.

But then the government will charge themselves more for a stamp to send a bill from the IRS to claim a penny. it's no wonder america is always looked down upon.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I wonder where does the money go for the expired coupons and wonder also why it would cost the government more money to do reissues? btw i think that's why the program went broke. money just flat out never got spent on time for whatever reason so it went into some sort of government black hole. if the money from the expired coupons goes back to the program i don't see the big deal with issuing new coupons so the black hole hypothesis seems correct.

But then the government will charge themselves more for a stamp to send a bill from the IRS to claim a penny. it's no wonder america is always looked down upon.

the unfortunate circumstance for expired coupons is that the money gets thrown back into the program for other coupons, but people who have already applied for a coupon and let theirs expire cannot apply for a new one.

What would you expect from our good ol'e gov? reliability? when i first heard of the program myself, i was skeptical, and once i tried it, i was convinced that it was a joke. i live in a mobile home and was denied i think because of my address listed like an apartment unit or lot number, even though i get my mail at home.