History Channel

I was at the mercy of Comcast when they decided to switch TBS to the History Channel. I was very angry, initially, but as I started to watch, I became quite fascinated with world history. Since I'm Chinese, I especially enjoyed the shows on China. But I also like the WW II shows where they show computerized aerial battles. Anyone else or am I just weird? :D

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
I was at the mercy of Comcast when they decided to switch TBS to the History Channel. I was very angry, initially, but as I started to watch, I became quite fascinated with world history. Since I'm Chinese, I especially enjoyed the shows on China. But I also like the WW II shows where they show computerized aerial battles. Anyone else or am I just weird? :D

Enjoy those WWII shows while you still can, because History will soon be doing what A&E and The Discovery Channel have done before, i.e. divesting itself from military documentaries to spin them off into a new "network" and replace that programming with cheaper-to-produce "reality shows" a la Ice Road Truckers and Ax Men.

I realize that The History Channel (the network has, in case you missed it, changed its name to History) did once overdo the WWII programming so much that it was nicknamed the Hitler Channel, but this trend of further spin-offs is absolutely annoying.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I hope "History" doesn't change. My father and father-in-law are veterans of WWII and I was born not too long after the end of the war. To me, its practically living history. My 89 year old Dad had his WWII pictures out the other night and we looked at them with fascination as we did when we were younger. I can never get too much of the documentaries depicting WWII.

sanju123

DTVUSA Member
The History channel is mine favorite too, I get to see all those interesting facts that would have remained ignored all through my life.There are so many shows to watch but I never miss out Modern Marvels.