History Channel

When my cable provider changed one of the channels from TBS to the History Channel I was really upset, but after a while I started to find the programs pretty interesting. What can I say? I'm a nerd. :)

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
Well, they do actually have some pretty interesting shows on there. Even if you are not a history buff, you can learn all sorts of neat things. We also use it as a homeschooling tool.

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
The History channel is great, I haven't seen it for a while, they used to have the drill seargent from the movie, "Full Metal Jacket" host a show a while back, which was cool.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
History Channel has many interesting shows, from the Lincoln assassination through all the wars that happen, it really is a good homeschooling tool. Good show to all veterans out there.:D

Sunny

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The History Channel shows some of the best programs on television. Lots of shows, for example the ones on Civil War topics, have ties to local areas in the United States. I like the back-and-forth of visiting a spot and then watching a program about it, or vice-versa.

djs

DTVUSA Member
I don't always watch the History channel, but every once and awhile they have some really interesting shows. Since I do not remember much of the History I studied in school, I enjoy refreshing my memory on particular events.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I find the History Channel addicting! Once I start watching it, I can't stop. But this is one channel that is OK to be addicted to, I think.

sanju123

DTVUSA Member
When my cable provider changed one of the channels from TBS to the History Channel I was really upset, but after a while I started to find the programs pretty interesting. What can I say? I'm a nerd. :)
Well I think by now you must be addicted to shows on this channel.I also bugged at times when channels get shuffled.:mad:

uplana

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The history channel and it"s way of presentation are really fantastic.I have just watched a programme on Hitler and found many amazing things about him.It"s really great!

chireanjolee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
the History channel is great. The shows are very insightful. My current guilty pleasure is the Gangland series. It's an in depth look at various gangs and affiliates throughout the US. very informative about things you usually are oblivious to.

misha

DTVUSA Member
The History Channel can be full of useful information for anyone. If you start watching something interesting, chances are you will be coming back for more after that one show.

pghmyn

DTVUSA Member
The History Channel is always interesting, and it always will be. This is one of those channels that I do not see an end coming any time soon. There is so much you can put on a channel like this.

I never really understood history class when I was in school, but when I can watch something on a screen, I seem to get more into it. I learn so much more now by watching TV than I did in class.

karyl

DTVUSA Jr. Member

I like it too..I am very much interested on what happened in the past..especially the second world war..and how it started andf everything..

d3stiny

DTVUSA Jr. Member
This interest me, it helps me understand certain questions in my head, it is supplemental because i learned something from it. History is important though.

The history channel is a great channel. It does get annoying when I'm home though because my grandfather refuses to watch any other channel besides the stock markets and the history channel...but overall they have great programs.