HomeWorx Flat Antenna HW110AN

U

Unregistered

Has anyone tried the HomeWorx Flat Antenna for their setup? I have an HDTV and have been thinking about getting an indoor antenna for quite sometime since I got rid of cable. I live less than 10 miles from TV towers so I'm thinking this antenna will work.

Has anyone tried the HomeWorx Flat Antenna for their setup? I have an HDTV and have been thinking about getting an indoor antenna for quite sometime since I got rid of cable. I live less than 10 miles from TV towers so I'm thinking this antenna will work.
Never tried it, but I'm sure it works for some people. Depends on how clear a signal you get indoors, through the walls/roof whatever. I'm thinking for the money I'd go with one of those Trisonic $5 cheapos New Indoor Digital Box HDTV Ready Rabbit Ear TV Antenna VHF UHF Dual Ring | eBay . Either way you'll probably wind up spending another $5 on some RG-6 coax.

Rick

KrissB

DTVUSA Member
I live 16 miles from the closest tower where I am, I can literally hook up a coax cable and hold it to get the station clear as a bell. I'd look into making a simple 6" dipole if you are that close, and wire it right to the coax cable. There are many guides on the internet. Or Like Rick said, just about any cheap antenna is going to catch a signal that is so close, even old collapsible rabbit ears near fully closed (collapsed) will get most of the UHF stations (ideally). I'm no pro, and I don't have enough info about your location! If the towers near you are VHF, you will want the rabbit ears fully open, if that is even long enough to catch the VHF signal.

I've heard some Dollar Tree's have rabbit ears for $1 or so, maybe that was long ago. :p

KrissB

I'd look into making a simple 6" dipole if you are that close, and wire it right to the coax cable.
The dipole isn't going to work nearly as well as a loop for UHF -- which is 90% of the stations for most people. The $5 cheapo has both -- a loop for UHF and adjustable dipoles for VHF. You have to put some value on your time. Pretty hard to beat an assembly line for efficiency.

I built my own computer once, for the fun of it and the education. Once was enough.

Rick