Hooking Up Two Computers to One Monitor

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Does anyone know if there is a way to hook up two desktop computers to a single monitor? Is there a router or something that would do that? I have two towers, old ones, that I want to keep for various reasons, but it would be ultra nice if I didn't have to keep both of the old big bulky monitors.

Anyone know or have any ideas?

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
If your monitor have multiple video ports. For example if your monitor has VGA and DVI or HDMI and you hook one computer up via one connection and the other computer via the other connection

Orrymain

These are older towers so definitely wouldn't have HDMI issues. Aaron, thanks for that link. I'm going to have to skim through all of the reviews for folks' thoughts. These computers aren't hooked up to the internet, but I want to use them for what is already stored on them, etc. The monitors are old, too. It looks like this might be worth a shot, though. Thanks again for getting the link for me.

Orrymain

I had to add a 'thanks' Aaron. I've received this. It hooks up as described on Amazon, and it's working for two old computers, so I'm happy about that. Now if I can get my flash stick to work on one of those old computers, it would be cool. That's another story, though. :}