Hopping over to hi-def

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Mario Trottier

One element of his business that’s taken off like gangbusters recently: Selling and installing HD TV antennas of his own design. His indoor HD bunny antenna goes for $99.
Why you might wanna consider getting one: “In downtown Montreal right now you can get 22 free HD stations, depending on your location and what floor you’re on. There’s even more chan****nels coming soon. Terrestrial HD is just starting here.”

Wouldn’t an old pair of rabbit ears do the same thing? “Nah, they do work but at best you’ll get maybe four channels with them. And those amplified antennas they sell? They were good for the old analog signals but totally useless now, a complete waste of money. I don’t wanna brag, but the wavelength of the elements on my Bunny antenna are perfect from channels 14-69, where the frequencies allocated for digital signals are. So much depends on where you place it though, which is why my antenna pivots and comes with 16 feet of coaxial cable—so you can move it around your apartment. You really need to be in the digital pathway of the stations. Most people don’t realize this though. They buy HD antennas at the store only to come home disappointed. But you can move your antenna three feet and easily find yourself with eight more channels.”

Something else he’ll do for you: Swing by your digs to find the optimal location to place your bunny. “I’ve got an app on my phone that shows me where all the mountains with TV towers are located. But I can almost feel where the signals are in any apartment. I’ve got a lot of knowledge and experience in this area, you know.”
Read More: Hopping over to hi-def | Montreal Mirror

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Ummmm... From that article:

... "I don’t wanna brag, but the wavelength I don’t wanna brag, but the wavelength of the elements on my Bunny antenna are perfect from channels 14-69, where the frequencies allocated for digital signals are." ...

Except, Canada is in the process of eliminating all channels above 51, as the US is. So, by definition this antenna must not be designed for the current TV band in either Country.

Jim