Houston-did you see your speed increase?

James

DTVUSA Member
Looks like Comcast increase internet speeds in the Houston area. The article claims they doubled it!

Here’s how the changes will break down:
• Internet subscribers with 25 megabits per second download speeds will see an increase to 50 Mbps. Upload speeds will increase from 4 Mbps to 10 Mbps.
• Those who have 50 Mbps download service will see it jump to 105 Mbps. Upload speeds for that tier will go from 15 to 20 Mbps.
• Customers with 15 Mbps download speeds will see an increase to 25 Mbps. Upload speeds will increase from 2 to 5 Mbps.

Comcast doubles Internet speeds for many of its Houston customers [Updated] - TechBlog

SWHouston

Staff member
I think you may be referring to Houston Subscribers of the Comcast service, and not me specifically. Anyway, I wish I could help answer your question, but I don't subscribe to the Internet via Comcast, use ATT. Hopefully someone will answer soon.

James

DTVUSA Member
Yes. This seems like it would have been a big deal if the numbers were accurate. I wonder if the general public notices the difference vs the tech people who actually pay attention to their internet performance. My wife only complains if a youtube video lags. It does but it is due to her old desktop, not the internet speed.

My wife only complains if a youtube video lags. It does but it is due to her old desktop, not the internet speed.
I wouldn't be too sure! I've noticed YouTube lagging recently as well. They've expanded their user base now, with the ChromeCast. They have enormous servers, but they don't have infinite resources, and how much you want to bet they give preference to the paying ChromeCast customer?

Rick