Hoverman Antenna

U

Unregistered

Has anyone here attempted to build and use a Hoverman Antenna? I've heard that it has an optimal design for receiving HD channels. Are there any .pdf's or posts I can use to try and build my own?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Has anyone here attempted to build and use a Hoverman Antenna? I've heard that it has an optimal design for receiving HD channels. Are there any .pdf's or posts I can use to try and build my own?
Hi Guest,

While I wouldn't consider it the "optimal design for receiving HD channels" the Gray-Hoverman does work well for receiving UHF stations (70% of US stations). It doesn't perform on VHF like some other designs, and I wouldn't recommend it for lower strength VHF stations. I've built two for my last two residences.

The basic dimensions and design can be found here: Single Bay Gray-Hoverman (SBGH) Antenna : DIY TV Antennas

A reflector screen can be added 4 inches behind the elements to give it added gain in one direction. I didn't use a reflector since I'm getting stations from close to 180 degrees from each other. I use 1/4" copper tubing for the elements.

You can see various builds including one done by forum contributor FOX TV here: http://www.tvtechnology.com/conference-updates/0136/polarized-power-for-tv-broadcasting/199953

Last edited: