How can I get Netflix on my TV?

U

Unregistered

We subscribed to Netflix last year and love it but hate watching on our computer. What we'd like to do is to somehow watch it on our TV on a small budget. How can this be done? It's an HDTV so it would be great if we could watch Netflix in HD on there as well.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
We subscribed to Netflix last year and love it but hate watching on our computer. What we'd like to do is to somehow watch it on our TV on a small budget. How can this be done? It's an HDTV so it would be great if we could watch Netflix in HD on there as well.
Right now, there are 2 really good choices. A Roku 3 (or Roku 2XS) or an Apple TV box will get Netflix to your TV without having to connect directly to your computer. Both the Roku and the Apple TV are stand alone units which connect to the internet and run their own apps (including Netflix).

See this thread for more info: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/internet-tv/38854-whats-easiest-way-get-netflix-tv.html

Some people say that it depends on the rest of your "ecosystem".

If you have an iPhone or iPad, probably your best option is a Apple TV 3.

If you dont, the best options are a Roku or an Apple TV 3 (again).

You wont regret any of these options, the cost involved is between USD 50 and USD 100. :)

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Why A Loyal Apple User Switched From Apple TV To Roku

Tim Cook and Apple may be constructing their "grand vision" for television but I'm not waiting, not even if Cook announces something awesome at the company's WWDC next week. I've switched from Apple TV to Roku 3 and am happy I did. More options, more content, slightly better terms, a remote control that doesn't feel like a cheap toy and, most surprisingly, an overall superior television experience.
Read More: Why This Loyal Apple User Switched From Apple TV To Roku – ReadWrite