Question: How Do I Connect My VHS DVD Recorder to my Comcast Cable Box?

I have a Panasonic DMR-E75V VHS/DVD Recorder, my Comcast Cable HDTV box is a DCT5100, and my TV is a Sony Grand Wega KDF-42WE655. I want to hook-up my VHS/DVD Recorder to my cable box in order to record from the cable box. It used to record over antenna signals, but those are gone now since the change over to digital. If anyone knows how to accomplish this, I would appreciate it.

I don't know how much longer I am going to stick with this VHS/DVD recorder because it wants to randomly shut off. Its done it since new, but I was told it wasn't worth fixing. So, I've learned to live with it until I get a DVR, haha.

SharonThomas

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Follow these steps to connect your DVD recorder to your cable box. Check the back of the DVD recorder to see if the component is equipped with an HDMI Input jack, which is a six-sided port. Plug an HDMI cable into the HDMI Input jack on the back of the DVD recorder and connect the other end to the HDMI Output jack on the HD cable box. Insert the Red, Green and Blue plugs on a set of RGB video cables into the Video OUT jacks on the digital HD cable box if an HDMI jack is unavailable on the DVD recorder. Connect the other ends of the cables to the DVD recorder's Video In jacks. Insert the red and white plugs on a set of audio cables into the right and left Audio Out jacks on the digital HD box and plug the other ends into the DVD recorder's Audio In jacks.