How do I know if my tv needs a box.

gracylou

DTVUSA Rookie
I have a HD TV it is one year old. Do I need a converter box. We do use a antenna to receive tv. It is just a little inside antenna. I also have a smaller tv that is about two and a half years old, and we do use the same kind of anteena on it. Do I need converter boxes.:confused:

I have a HD TV it is one year old. Do I need a converter box. We do use a antenna to receive tv. It is just a little inside antenna. I also have a smaller tv that is about two and a half years old, and we do use the same kind of anteena on it. Do I need converter boxes.:confused:
it should say either on the tv or in the manuel if it has a digital tuner if so you do not need a box.:)

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
If you give us a make and model #, we can look it up for you...

Also, if you purchased your television set after March 1, 2007, odds are good that it contains a digital tuner (since by law, all television manufactures were required to produce TVs with DTV tuners after that date).

Like Cowboy said, if your TV manual says that it contains a digital tuner or ASTC tuner, it will not need a converter box. If it says it contains a NTSC tuner, your TV will need a converter box.