How do you receive?

How do you receive your television signal?

• OTA Broadcast

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Cable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTA and Cable

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • OTA and Satellite

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I've got DirecTV and OTA. I've been meaning to cancel Direct to save some money but I'd hate to give up the DVR! 90% of the TV I watch these days is recorded. ;)

NYCLA*

DTVUSA Member
I've got DirecTV and OTA. I've been meaning to cancel Direct to save some money but I'd hate to give up the DVR! 90% of the TV I watch these days is recorded. ;)
Why would you have to give up a DVR? You could always get a DTV Pal DVR or a Tivo (which also works with OTA).

P.S. Doesn't DirecTV give you your local channels? Or does that cost extra and you opt not to receive them through DirecTV?

O-O

DTVUSA Member
I depend on my DVR for about of my TV watching, I'm kind of running out of storage though, need to check into getting a hard disk. NYCLA, do you have a DTVPal DVR? 1Inxs on here has one and likes his I think but I have seen some negative reviews on different forums.

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Why would you have to give up a DVR? You could always get a DTV Pal DVR or a Tivo (which also works with OTA).

P.S. Doesn't DirecTV give you your local channels? Or does that cost extra and you opt not to receive them through DirecTV?
If I cancel Direct, I'd probably only do it for a year or two, so I don't really see spending $300 on a device I don't plan on using for a whole. I'm so finicky anyway, I'm sure if I do cancel, I'll regret it and resubscribe. :)