How does HR54; connect to C61K; to my tv? Is there a wireing example on the site or f

Currently using HR44 connected to Samsung Smart TV, with HDMI. We utilize the whole home setup with a HD DVR connected to our non Smart TV in another room.
I am confused after reading some posts as to exactly how the 4K set up works as far as physical linking of genie, mini and TV. Some mention the genie being wired to a non 4K TV, and it seems some mention wireless minias well as the TV being RVU.
We like the genie for the main TV because it is visible when setting recordings from it, and it shows Season and Episode information.
We reallize we will need to replace HR44 wirh HR54, but then does system flow From HR54 to C61k to TV thru HDMI cables or what? I have also read that there is some lag or quality of picture issues with the mini and or RVU ready TVs.
Because we would like to keep the genie and DVR setup what kind of questions do I have to be aware of when talking to DTV personel to get both the best service call and setup.
I am due for a hardware upgrade thru the 2 yr. protection plan and 4K upgrade is only option. It is my understanding that it will cost me another receiver charge but this is the only way to get a HR54 to replace the HR44; is that correct?

This question, "How does HR54; connect to C61K; to my tv? Is there a wireing example on the site or forum?," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.