How many users can stream Netflix to different devices at the same time?

U

Unregistered

My family all has different tastes in programming, so my question is how many people can stream Netflix to separate devices at the same time?

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
Of course your network connection must be able to handle the download bandwidth.

Trying to run 4 devices on a 3GB connection might cause picture quality problems, figure 1.5 gb per device, minimum.

Piggie

Super Moderator
4m per device is optimum. However there are a lot of people now with 40 to 60 down and 5 to 10 up on cable. So much bandwidth they don't ever use it all. Probably why I never hear them complain about over sold. Even if you were slowed to 25 in the evenings, you would not notice it unless you ran a speed test.

Trying to run 4 devices on a 3GB connection might cause picture quality problems, figure 1.5 gb per device, minimum.
Jim, I'm pretty sure you mean 1.5 Mbps. I don't think my hard drive could write fast enough to keep up with 3 GBps. ;) I think I've heard of 3 Gbps (small b) connection from the graphics card to the display. Or a 3 GB per month limit on downloads, maybe. I guess if you measure these things in hours, instead of seconds ...

Actually, I did a series of tests and found a decent flash stream slows a speed test on my computer by about 1.5 Mbps, so that's spot on.

Rick