How much can I save if I get cable and internet?

U

Unregistered

Is there a huge cost savings if I bundle cable and internet services from Comcast? I don't want the telephone package since I use my cell phone all of the time.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Is there a huge cost savings if I bundle cable and internet services from Comcast? I don't want the telephone package since I use my cell phone all of the time.
Based on their current offerings on their website, I see no benefit to bundling TV with internet. That may not be true, but you need to do your research and see what the total "lifetime of the contract" cost will be. Comcast's marketing is very deceptive. You may get a good deal for the first six months to a year of a two year contract, but they will make up for it on the second year. I currently get 6 Mbps DSL from my phone company for $45 (Comcast charges $50 for the same level of service), and TV free over the air (30+ channels), plus the videos I get over the internet free using my Roku. My savings over Comcast is considerable.

THEY MAKE UP NUMBERS. You might be able to save a few bucks; your next door neighbor might wind up paying an extra $10 bucks a month. Man, did you think they have any kind of normal market pressure to behave fairly, or set up any kind of actual PRICE STRUCTURE???

You get on the phone, and pray the dingbat from India is having a good day. I'm serious.

Rick

M

MeAgain

Yeah, it's a little confusing. I called Time Warner this afternoon and they told me the savings is $10/month but I never really got the feeling that they discounted me getting cable TV. I'm going to call DirecTV this afternoon. I don't want to spend more than $40 a month anyway.

I'm not sure I'm technically good enough to figure out internet TV.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
You really have to call and ask. I have always gotten a deal for the bundling of just TV and Internet. A family member has just cable and pays more than I do for it.