How much do you pay for Time Warner?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
We have the bundled package with Digipac cable (includes basic digital cable and expanded cable), Hbo (with free Cinemax for a year), Road Runner turbo, and unlimited long distance calling with our phone for around $140 a month for all. Does this seem like a good deal? I thought it was, but some friends have told me they are paying less than that and getting the same thing, except their internet is DSL instead of cable. Is anyone paying around this price?

I went with verizon for the internet too. $16.99 for DSL, can't complain.

Time warner costs me $61 a month and I have the bare bones. I don't even have a remote control or a box from them. I remember when I used to think that $34 a month was alot.

SuzanaD

DTVUSA Member
That sounds like a very nice package, and that price isn't bad to me. Maybe you could find a better price, if you shop around a little more though, you never know, you might get lucky.

joedunn09

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I pay like $125/mo. which is toooo much. I would love to get out of it but feel like i might be missing out if i ditch cable. being born and raised on cable makes it hard to leave. It's just like McDonald's...You know it's bad, but you can't help yourself, haha! I have cable (with HBO) and high-speed internet.

joedunn09

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I can't live without HBO. Anyhow..Interesting how u go without box and remote. Did you just by those seperate, and from where? Thank you! Would to save as much as I can...

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
That's right about where we were ($130-150) 2 years ago when I ditched 'em for good. I slapped a couple of coat hanger antennas together and pulled in 15-20 channels right out of the open air.

I went to AT&T for local phone, long distance and internet service, which now costs me under $80 a month. DSL seems to be more reliable than Road Runner was anyway. In fact, during the monster ice storm last winter, I lost my DSL for less than eight hours over a span of two days. Can't do too much complaining over that.

rsmliu

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Since last February, I've gone Road Runner Turbo only, for about $56/month. So far, I haven't felt like I've missed out on cable TV, since most of the shows I watch can be found on Netflix (sometimes on Netflix Watch Instantly), Hulu, and iTunes.

jolix

DTVUSA Jr. Member
We have the bundled package with Digipac cable (includes basic digital cable and expanded cable), Hbo (with free Cinemax for a year), Road Runner turbo, and unlimited long distance calling with our phone for around $140 a month for all. Does this seem like a good deal? I thought it was, but some friends have told me they are paying less than that and getting the same thing, except their internet is DSL instead of cable. Is anyone paying around this price?

I have all the same stuff as you do except the HBO feature and I pay $120 so I guess you paying $20 extra for the HBO. Thats not too bad but I would think the premium channel cost $10 bucks more not $20. I like the premium channels but, they always repeat the same movies for a few months then put new ones and it just get old.

chris1203

DTVUSA Jr. Member
We used to pay around $150 per month with Time Warner (bundled package of Roadrunner, phone, and cable tv). We pay a lot less with Direct TV and AT&T (for Internet) without the phone.