How much does Hulu cost per month?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
hulu is free but hulu plus is 7.99 a month
To clarify:
Hulu PLUS is $7.99/ month.
Hulu FREE is free, but it's restricted to "real" computers, ie, apple os, windows os, or linux os, not android os, smart TVs, Blu-ray players, or internet devices like Roku.

You can, however, use PlayOn or PLEX to stream Hulu FREE to your TV (using a computer and a supported device on your network), or you can connect a "real" computer to your TV. (A laptop works well for this)

SWHouston

Staff member
I tried to look up the difference between regular Hulu and Plus, without much success. I presume it's just better/more movies and episodes, more recent stuff...right ?

n2rj

Staff member
More episodes (past episodes and full seasons) and the freedom to use different devices are what you get with plus.

I've been a hulu user since early beta in 2007 (even before public beta).

SWHouston

Staff member
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but can we make some comparisons... Netflix is like Hulu. Blockbuster is like RedBox, which is like ....? So we have new/older Movie sources. TV Series Episodes sources. Others ? What I'm asking is do all do all, or how specific are the providers ?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
More episodes (past episodes and full seasons) and the freedom to use different devices are what you get with plus.

I've been a hulu user since early beta in 2007 (even before public beta).
One thing about Hulu "Plus". You would think it would be all that is on Hulu "Free", and more. But because of some copyright holders wishes, some things are not available on Hulu "Plus" that are available on the free version, unless you watch on a computer. These shows are "web only". For example, "The Simpsons" is on Hulu and Hulu + only if you are using a computer - but not on using a Roku / Xbox / etc.

I refer to it as "Hulu +/-"

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but can we make some comparisons... Netflix is like Hulu. Blockbuster is like RedBox, which is like ....? So we have new/older Movie sources. TV Series Episodes sources. Others ? What I'm asking is do all do all, or how specific are the providers ?
I dont see Netflix being like Hulu, or Hulu+

Netflix has a large movie library, something missing at Hulu / Hulu+

Also on Netflix you are bothered by advertising, something taht sadly exists on Hulu+

SWHouston

Staff member
Thanks for the reply...

My "intent" with the comparisons is, that I have a month "free" stuff with Roku, and it seems that the month starts 'only" when I engage/start a given channel. If I'm right (sneaky as it may be), will be able to deny an actual purchase with a Movie provider, then just install another and keep watching free stuff for an extended period. Am I right in thinking I can do that ?

rt1

DTVUSA Member
i'm looking at dropping Charter Cable and just keeping the internet and picking up Hulu....
I have a Wii, but would think about getting a Roku instead.
I need to investigate more about Hulu and other sites to access movies and tv shows...especially for my 11 and 8 yr. old.
We are liking TV Land right now with Andy Griffin and Gilligans Island.....those old shows are great for kids....good messages for kids and families. Is Tv land part of hulu ? And just what and how many kids shows are there...?

P

Pblvd

If we're making comparisons here, Hulu is better than Netflix. Simply because Hulu has past seasons in seasons that are currently on TV. Netflix limit see you. Plus Hulu is only $7.99 a month, where is Netflix is $9.99 now.