How much longer will American Idol continue?

With the recent news that Simon would be stepping down as a judge after this season, I was just wondering how much longer American Idol could possibly continue without him. How many more seasons do you think the show has left?

American Idol's days certainly seem to be numbered, but I felt that way last season too. While I was never a HUGE fan of the show, I did like to watch it whenever I had a moment. Of course there are a lot of season winners that I did not agree with, there were a few that I DID appreciate winning.

Last edited:

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Ellen has been much better than anyone expected. Frankly, I don't think Paula is missed by anyone, something I'll bet Paula is bemoaning privately.

bm42

DTVUSA Member
Was Paula ever really there?? Many times she was simply incoherent. Yes, Ellen is fresh and have always liked her. Not sure who would replace Simon. Lot of people did not like him because he could be caustic but I think for the most part he was dead on. I am not a big fan of American Idol, seems other shows are more interesting such as America's Got Talent simply from the variety of talent and idiots that come on.

I do like that fact that all these types of shows bring unknowns into the spotlight and we are richer for knowing these new talents.

Ellen has been much better than anyone expected. Frankly, I don't think Paula is missed by anyone, something I'll bet Paula is bemoaning privately.
Well the thing about Paula is that she was there for the whole series run until this season, and people get used to seeing familiar faces like her and Simon who were there for so long.

Now with Simon leaving, Randy will be the last original judge!

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Randy is the worst judge in my opinion. His 'dawg' thing is just old and stupid. The reason Ellen is good is she actually says things to try and help and yet she's not in the business. The other judges flip flop. I heard them this week talk about if a song is great, than just do it and don't play with it, yet at the same time, they say make it your own. They really don't know what they want.