How much longer?

How many more seasons will this show last? ER finally went off the air but I think it should have been taken off years ago. Will this happen with American Idol?

christyanne

DTVUSA Member
Geez, with a fresh batch of contestants every year, I can't imagine the show ever going off the air. It's like the biggest ratings winner ever on TV, and the thing is, I'm hooked from the first day it starts. Ever since they started showing behind the scenes footage, I don't think I've missed an episode (Taped sometimes of course or from the Internet).

Postman

DTVUSA Member
You have to remember that ER is a soap opera while American Idol is contest held for finding some good talents. I believe that this show will go until people needs some fresh faces to idolized.

Geez, with a fresh batch of contestants every year, I can't imagine the show ever going off the air. It's like the biggest ratings winner ever on TV, and the thing is, I'm hooked from the first day it starts. Ever since they started showing behind the scenes footage, I don't think I've missed an episode (Taped sometimes of course or from the Internet).
I guess that's why other shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune have been on for as long as they have been. Variety changes things and it keeps people interested.

I guess that's why other shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune have been on for as long as they have been. Variety changes things and it keeps people interested.
I'll tell you one thing for sure tongyun, Jeopardy and WOF have a loyal older audience. Probably people that grew up with the show. I like to catch Jeopardy every once in a while but it's definitely not at the top of my must see TV shows (or my friends). My parents on the other hand watch it almost every day!

I'll tell you one thing for sure tongyun, Jeopardy and WOF have a loyal older audience. Probably people that grew up with the show. I like to catch Jeopardy every once in a while but it's definitely not at the top of my must see TV shows (or my friends). My parents on the other hand watch it almost every day!
Yeah, it's true that each generation has their favorite. So it'll be interesting to see how long American Idol will last. If nothing else, the first part of the show is always funny with some of the contestants that think they have talent.