Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 11-15 Hours

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • 16-25 Hours

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 26+ Hours

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Less. probably because of all the reality crap lately. there's like three new spin-offs of American Idol involving dancing.

But i think it's a conspiracy by the Government to get out and get a life, and using reality as a ploy hahahha!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Less. probably because of all the reality crap lately. there's like three new spin-offs of American Idol involving dancing.

But i think it's a conspiracy by the Government to get out and get a life, and using reality as a ploy hahahha!
You responded before I even posted the poll. lol. ;)

I usually watch between 6-10 hours a week when school is in full swing. During the Summer time I'm good for 15 hours a week. :) I usually rent TV shows on DVD during that time to catch up on the Fall season.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
We're lucky to watch 4-5 hours of TV a week. A few years ago I would have easily said 10-15 hours a week, but these days, time is hard to come by.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
We're in the upper-range. Television is our main form of entertainment, these days. We've even decided to skip seeing the latest movies in the theater in favor of waiting for them to come out on disc so we can watch them on our television.

During the fall and winter, a good estimate of our television watching is from, say 6:30PM until 9:15PM (three full hour-long programs, and a half-hour program, minus commercials). On weekends, we'll catch an extra 20 minutes or so (so that half-hour program becomes a fourth hour-long program instead). So say about 20 hours per week, on average.

Okay, maybe not quite so much. Two weeks out of five we don't watch television at all, at least one day per week. (We have a church group meeting in our home that night.) Then take away vacations, trips to see family, etc. And during the summer, we tend to start watching television a bit later, so we lost a couple of hours per week of television that way.

Still, probably at least 16 hours a week on average.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
geez. We're off the scale compared to everyone else so far. Does this include watching movies on TV too because that's what I'm basing my vote on. We're a good 5:30 to 10:00 3-4 days a week, but Saturday is movie marathon day starting at about 4:00 all the way till 10:00pm. I've found that since we've gotten Tivo, our TV watching schedule has almost doubled.

geez. We're off the scale compared to everyone else so far. Does this include watching movies on TV too because that's what I'm basing my vote on. We're a good 5:30 to 10:00 3-4 days a week, but Saturday is movie marathon day starting at about 4:00 all the way till 10:00pm. I've found that since we've gotten Tivo, our TV watching schedule has almost doubled.
That's not so bad. During the summer time we watch 26+ hours, but that's only 2-3 months out of the year so I voted 16-25 hours for our Fall and Winter schedule.

We have a DVR and I'd say we watch 30-40% more TV with it but at the same time we are much more efficient with cutting commercials and getting more bang for the buck with TV watching. :)

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Close to ten Hours a week.
Have to say we only put the screen on to watch the daily news once a day and a good movie.
Most days the movie is not on air so we could end up 5 hours a week.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Ok, now I get it. Between Jerseygirl and putting the screen on. You are British roaming around Deutschland... Or at least you learned English is England or from a Brit. The Tea thing should have given it away!

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
In the summer I probably get between 2 - 2 1/2 hours a week of TV viewing in. It only takes 15 minutes of the reruns during the summer before I get my fill of TV. During the massive snow in the winter months, I get close to 4 hours. The Dallas Cowboy games fill most of that time.

It's actually difficult for me to answer that question. I have the tv on for around 4 hr/day on weekdays and more on weekend. But I actually watch it less than that. I'm usually doing other things while it's on... like sitting here on the computer :rolleyes:. or otherwise putzing around. So I end up backing the dvr up a lot. So my four hours probably only really count as two!

O-O

DTVUSA Member
We're too busy moderating the forum ;) There's much more to learn on here anyway.
Yeah, because we're such a wild bunch here. :p

It's actually difficult for me to answer that question. I have the tv on for around 4 hr/day on weekdays and more on weekend. But I actually watch it less than that. I'm usually doing other things while it's on... like sitting here on the computer :rolleyes:. or otherwise putzing around. So I end up backing the dvr up a lot. So my four hours probably only really count as two!
Same here, I always have the TV on when I'm home. I think it's more of a comfort thing with me.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
26-30 hours a week for us but we've been watching most of our TV on Saturdays. I'd say 80% of our TV watching is DVR based with the other 20% being channel flipping on Monday and Tuesday nights.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Nah, it is leaning left, because band 4 is much larger than bands 1-3 and band 5 is open-ended. (Band 1 is not open-ended, unless you can explain how to watch negative television.)

Ajax

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I'm a 26+ for sure. Love TV and it loves us back. :) We're pretty excited about Community the TV show which about an older student going back to school. Tons of commercials for it lately but I was disappointing this morning to check the NBC website and find out it doesn't start until Oct. 8.