How often do you visit Internet TV websites?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
With the growing popularity of Internet TV sites such as Hulu.com and Joost (just to name two of the best known ones), many people are watching episodes of such shows as 24, Medium, and even the old Star Trek TV series on the Web.

My question is, how often do you visit Internet TV sites? Do you prefer the free sites or the premium ones where you pay a small per-episode fee? Is it better than watching "regular TV"?

Eureka

DTVUSA Member
Visiting such sites would require high speed internet, which (although may be unbelievable to many people) is still unavailable to millions of people in many parts of the US.

I'm lucky to get a youtube to load.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
I dont frequent them, but I might set up a system so that I can view on the TV, then I would, use them more frequently.

Speaking of high speed interenet. Why doesnt this country have the highest internet speeds in the world? Japan and Korea and others blow us away. This is disconcerting, as I kinda know the reason.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
Visiting such sites would require high speed internet, which (although may be unbelievable to many people) is still unavailable to millions of people in many parts of the US.

I'm lucky to get a youtube to load.
Can't imagine ever going back to dialup. Have you ever checked into wireless through one of your local cellular companies?

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
I just started visiting hulu, but they don't have much up on there now. Not really worth it to me yet, so I'd say I visit maybe once a month just to see what new shows are on.

dipbunny

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I visit this sites, if i missed an episode of a TV show I watch. The only problem with them is that you really need a high-speed internet for you to watch them with no problems on buffering.

and that isn't enough either. especially with sites like TUDOU and YOUKU.

Megavideo just died i think. every time i try to load a video it goes to an ad that asks me to pay. some sort of iReel.com no matter what.

Shows i watch are usually ones that are continuing series (where order of episodes is crucial to understand the storyline, such as Battlestar Galactica, where RTV plays only a select canned episodes in random order) or ones not on OTA TV yet. or ones that were on a channel i lost and haven't received since.

to watch iTV, a router is the LAST thing you want. i cannot count the times it dropped connections every 5-10 minutes. you have to reboot the machine and remember where the video was lost. really hate that.

Sometimes i watch series no longer on air or no longer in reruns and since forgotten. like the 1980s nickelodeon cartoons. or shows such as SeaQuest DSV

Internet sites are my only option for watching shows that are normally on cable. That's because I only subscribe to basic cable. With online shows, I find that I really don't anything other than basic cable.

that's another reason too. that and it's entirely on-demand. when i get internet at my home and a PC-to-TV adaptor i should be able to make a full-fledged on-demand TV system. imagine that.