How to be treated like a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhoward6

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Most people that have a problem with their tv reception or lack there of just want a place to find out if someone has had or is having the same problem as they are. However, here the people or techies who reply to most forums just give you some B.S. referral to another website that has nothing to do with the problem at hand just pisses you off more because the stupid graph shows all the channels you should be getting but DO NOT. So when a non-techie points this out this fact out to them they say you should "go to bed" or ask "nicer", as if saying "pretty please let me know if anyone has had the same issue" or "wow I went to bed at 8pm, now pappa will my tv work past 8 tonight?, I did goto bed" ; is gonna fix the problem. So, listen people who respond, grow some balls, dont be a jackass to all of us who are not a TV God like you, we just want to know if anyone has had the same degree of difficulty with the "new way" to watch tv. Seems like to me we have stepped back 30years and have massive antennas on our roofs again! So thanks for nothing and really like the way you lock threads because you disagree with someones opions or views, I still think you get a kickback for hits:bowdown: on TVfool.com.
Sincerely NO TV IN SD after 8pm

IDRick

DTVUSA Member
Have you ever had a mechanic connect to your car's on board computer? Gives them a tremendous amount of information that may seem meaningless to those of us that are not mechanics. You've missed an important point. TVFool gives us an excellent understanding of your reception challenges and opportunities. But, it is not the only important data point. We may have follow up questions. Please bear with us if you want an informed answer...

sdhoward6

DTVUSA Jr. Member
actually i have been factory trained by Volkwagen and BMW on repairing cars and if a customer like yourself came in said one of my windows wont roll down, I dont ask if they checked the tire pressure? Just more useless information that doesnt have anything to do with the problem at hand

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Have you ever had a mechanic connect to your car's on board computer? Gives them a tremendous amount of information that may seem meaningless to those of us that are not mechanics. You've missed an important point. TVFool gives us an excellent understanding of your reception challenges and opportunities. But, it is not the only important data point. We may have follow up questions. Please bear with us if you want an informed answer...
Big thumbs up on that response Rick.

Most people that have a problem with their tv reception or lack there of just want a place to find out if someone has had or is having the same problem as they are. However, here the people or techies who reply to most forums just give you some B.S. referral to another website that has nothing to do with the problem at hand just pisses you off more because the stupid graph shows all the channels you should be getting but DO NOT. So when a non-techie points this out this fact out to them they say you should "go to bed" or ask "nicer", as if saying "pretty please let me know if anyone has had the same issue" or "wow I went to bed at 8pm, now pappa will my tv work past 8 tonight?, I did goto bed" ; is gonna fix the problem. So, listen people who respond, grow some balls, dont be a jackass to all of us who are not a TV God like you, we just want to know if anyone has had the same degree of difficulty with the "new way" to watch tv. Seems like to me we have stepped back 30years and have massive antennas on our roofs again! So thanks for nothing and really like the way you lock threads because you disagree with someones opions or views, I still think you get a kickback for hits:bowdown: on TVfool.com.
Your thread was locked after it strayed from the original subject/question. If you have time, do a search here on the forum for reception problems. There are many here that have voiced their displeasure with DTV, and we welcome such comments. It's the manner in which you deflected our questions which prompted some hasty responses. We can't help you unless you provide as much detail as possible. It could be the difference of saving money over spending money.

dtvusaforum.com has never received a kickback or payment as matter of fact from TVFool.com. Period. End of discussion on that.

IDRick

DTVUSA Member
Apparently you do not understand the information that is provided by tvfool as it does tell us your reception challenges and opportunities. We need to see it, even if you don't think it provides valuable information. It is incredibly valuable to us since each reception situation is unique.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
A more appropriate analogy would be....

Hey, may car is making a funny noise and it runs poorly, but its on the other side of the country right now. Can you tell me why its making that funny noise and how to fix it?

Then you would say....

Sure, the problem is this and you need to do this to fix it, with no further information.

Right?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

cclc

DTVUSA Member
I understand his frustration...... this whole DTV switch over stinks! I think we have taken a step back and might as well face it..... If we want good TV reception we are now going to have to pay for it either through cable or satellite! I'm a plant engineer and have trouble figuering some of this DTV stuff out, between the set top boxes, antennas, amplifiers, fm traps, rotors, etc. it's confusing, let alone the wife understanding this new stuff to watch TV that was simple and working perfectly just 8 months or so ago.

Most forums and websites do get to technical and make it a bit confusing. You've got to understand this is all new to us, i've found alot of information over whelming and useless. The responses and help i've gotten from the members here has been very good and helpful, much better than other forums i've visited. But while browsing the threads do see a lot of technical answers to some simple questions.

Maybe a new forum topic like beginers or new to OTA DTV would help? I just dont know, but i think alot of us people on the fringe are just in for aggrevation or accept bad reception if opting for free TV. I'm not giving up on it yet, but coming close. I'm sure i'll have more questions for you since i have yet another antenna to hang once the weather breaks. Thanks for your help!
Carl

BCF68

DTVUSA Member

Ok I haven't read your other thread but people like you basically come here to bitch not to get help. I don't how many I see someone posting "I can't get reception please help." And that's it. They don't even tell us where they are from and expect us to fix thier problem. Also even when we do have the info most of the time they don't like the answer because it's not "easy" or "cheap". It's like "I can't any channels with rabbit ears" and instead of wanting to hear that they made need a rooftop antenna they want to hear "Just put some tin foil on it and you're good to go"

The people here don't HAVE to help you. They take time out of their busy days to try to help a total stranger out for free and all you can do is bitch about it. Go get help from the local satellite/antenna guy. He's not to help you for free. And I 100% guarantee he'll use your ignorance to upsell you on stuff you don't need. And the people here are trying to help you avoid that.

Do you honestly think I give a **************** if you can't watch TV in South Dakota? No, but I'll help you anyways if I can because I like helping out and solving problems. if you're going to be an ass you can just sit in your living room staring at a blank TV for all I care.

I understand his frustration...... this whole DTV switch over stinks! I think we have taken a step back and might as well face it..... If we want good TV reception we are now going to have to pay for it either through cable or satellite! I'm a plant engineer and have trouble figuring some of this DTV stuff out, between the set top boxes, antennas, amplifiers, fm traps, rotors, etc. it's confusing, let alone the wife understanding this new stuff to watch TV that was simple and working perfectly just 8 months or so ago.

Carl
Please I didn't know anything about this stuff or anything this time last year. I took the time to learn. I never went to college. So apparently I'm sort of hidden genius since you the plant engineer with the high priced degree on the wall can't figure it out.

Sorry but if you actually studied engineering college then this stuff shouldn't be that hard for you.

EscapeVelocity

Moderator, , Webmaster of EV's Antenna Blog
Lets not tear each other apart.

cclc was just espousing his opinion.

Many people are frustrated.

Patience with them is a virtue, even when they are frustrated.

However sdhoward6 is obnoxious, not frustrated.

There is a difference.

cclc

DTVUSA Member
No i dont think your a genius.... Just lucky! Your probably one of those people who hung a antenna out of their window and got reception. I'm not sticking up for him, i just understand his frustration and members like you just add to it.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Locked. This is the reception area. Further complaints in the reception section will be moved to the forum help zone.

I understand his frustration...... this whole DTV switch over stinks! I think we have taken a step back and might as well face it..... If we want good TV reception we are now going to have to pay for it either through cable or satellite! I'm a plant engineer and have trouble figuering some of this DTV stuff out, between the set top boxes, antennas, amplifiers, fm traps, rotors, etc. it's confusing, let alone the wife understanding this new stuff to watch TV that was simple and working perfectly just 8 months or so ago.

Most forums and websites do get to technical and make it a bit confusing. You've got to understand this is all new to us, i've found alot of information over whelming and useless. The responses and help i've gotten from the members here has been very good and helpful, much better than other forums i've visited. But while browsing the threads do see a lot of technical answers to some simple questions.

Maybe a new forum topic like beginers or new to OTA DTV would help? I just dont know, but i think alot of us people on the fringe are just in for aggrevation or accept bad reception if opting for free TV. I'm not giving up on it yet, but coming close. I'm sure i'll have more questions for you since i have yet another antenna to hang once the weather breaks. Thanks for your help!
Carl
Very constructive post CCLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.