How to connect HR 44 to Sony Plasma with no HDMI port as well as Bose 3-2-1 with no H

In the past with all previous suppliers, including Direct TV, I had no problem gettin my TV box connected to my Sony Plasma. It has a great picture but no HDMI port. I also have a Bose 3-2-1 surrond sound system which I want to connect to the HR44 box.

How can I do this? One Direct TV tech did it and both TV and Bose worked great but for ATT reasons he had to remove that box and put the HR55 back on which does not have enough ports.

Today I got an HR44 box via Fedex. Tech shows up, spends 2.5 hours and finally gives up and leaves .

Is it this complicated? The first guy did it in about 10 minutes, but for the life of me I can not figure out how and am kicking myself for letting him take the box off!!

I have spent almost 5 hours on the phone with DirectTV they promise to call back and of course they do not.

I am at the end of my rope with ATT/DirectTV after a month of torture.

Any help would be appreciated.

This question, "How to connect HR 44 to Sony Plasma with no HDMI port as well as Bose 3-2-1 with no HDMI port," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.