How To Elevate An Indoor Antenna -or- Mount An Outdoor Antenna Indoors?

I was wondering if anyone has a creative/appropriate solution for this...

I'm using a Terk HDTVa indoor antenna in an apartment (San Fernando Valley/Los Angeles area). It works very well - *almost* good enough. The antenna is currently sitting on top of a short cabinet stand near a wall, but it needs to be a bit higher to work reliably. I'd like to elevate it another 3 ft. or so (maybe with another stand?). My preference is not to make holes in the wall, but I could if I had to.

I think the Terk will do the job if it's higher but if that turns out to be inadequate, I'm considering the purchasing a Winegard Freevision FV-HD30/FV-30BB. I'm not sure how to mount one indoors, though.

Has anyone improvised an indoor stand or mounting for either situation? Neat appearance with a high "wife acceptance factor" is preferred :)

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: Barkhausen,

I saw a photo online where the person had used clear plastic suction cups to attach an indoor antenna to a window. They were about 1.5" in diameter, not the tiny ones. They should be easy to find because they are commonly used to hang Christmas lights.

Another option would be 3M Command adhesive products, which are removable and do not damage a wall: On-line Product Catalog: 3M

Please let us know what you end up using and how well your solution works out.

Jim

Corner Stand

I'd like to elevate it another 3 ft. or so (maybe with another stand?). My preference is not to make holes in the wall, but I could if I had to.
... Neat appearance with a high "wife acceptance factor" is preferred :)
Sounds like you need a corner stand. Put the words "corner stand" into the search box on Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Craigs List, google shopping, etc. Sort for price, low to high. You will find many different styles, heights, etc. Possibly stack on top of the stand you have. E.g.

'corner stand' - Walmart.com

Rick

Last edited: