How to extend signal distance

libertybellcdr

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Hello All!

I have an Antennacraft C290 and a Channel Master CM7777 Titan 2.

My reception is great. It's a good setup. The problem I'm having is that I'm losing signal at the other end of my house because of 2 reasons: (1) the coaxial run is really long, so the TV closest to the antenna has better service than the one's at the other end of the house and (2) I added an additional splitter so I could provide TV to another kid's room. When that happened, the splitter reduced the db and is causing all the tv's on the other end of the house to have poorer signal strength.

So, here's my question: What is available for me to 'boost' the signal in-line? I am looking for something that I can install/attach in the middle of the coaxial run and it will 're-amp' the signal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

n2rj

Staff member
The problem with the adjustable gain amp is that he wants more signal out of the CM7777, which is already running at maximum gain.

Hello All!

I have an Antennacraft C290 and a Channel Master CM7777 Titan 2.

What is available for me to 'boost' the signal in-line?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Double amplification is tricky. You need to know how strong the signals are before you know if you can use a second amplifier.

Have you noticed picture problems after adding the splitters, or do you simply see lower signal strengths?

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Double amplification is tricky. You need to know how strong the signals are before you know if you can use a second amplifier.

Have you noticed picture problems after adding the splitters, or do you simply see lower signal strengths?
True, if he's still not having problems with pixilation or drops he really doesn't need additional amplification.

n2rj

Staff member
Try the distribution amp. I use a preamp, followed by a 200ft cable run down the tower to the house, followed by a distribution amp and internal wiring.

SWHouston

Staff member
I'd use a Winegard HDA-100 immediately ahead of the new splitter for those last two sets.
It has an Adjustable Gain and is quite low noise. Those go for about $30.
Just start it off at lowest setting, and increase till the pick was stable.
Also it's outside rated, so it would go anywhere.