How to remove premium package online?

U

Unregistered

So when I signed a two-year contract with DirecTV, they talked me into taking the premium package channels (HBO, Showtime, STARZ, Cinemax, etc) for 3 months for free. Here I am 5 months later and I'm paying $47 extra a month now for channels that I don't watch.

When I want online, I don't see the option to cancel the channels now. How do I do it?

G

Correct, I did sign up for a 24-month package but I believe that I'm allowed to cancel the premium channels at any time while keeping my current HD package. I hope so at least.

Thomas G

Contributor
I had the same issue a while back. Subscribed to their 24-month package, with 3 free months of premium channels. Saw the bill on the fourth month and went to cancel but got this message: "You cannot remove this product online within 30 days of activation. Please call 1-800-DIRECTV if you would like to remove it for a fee. After 30 days, you can remove it online without a fee."

Call them up and they'll cancel it for you. Usually they'll try to give you some kind of offer too.

So when I signed a two-year contract with DirecTV, they talked me into taking the premium package channels (HBO, Showtime, STARZ, Cinemax, etc) for 3 months for free.
Smart move on their part! They moved at least $94 from your wallet to theirs with the flip of a switch. :eyes::nyah:

When you talk to them, tell em you want a $94 refund because you didn't watch those channels. (Good luck, Hahahahahaha...)

Rick

n2rj

Staff member
I had to cancel once my free 3 months of premiums were up.

It wasn't much of a hassle although they did try to get me to keep some channels. I declined and they took it off and credited my account.

Apart from the cost I really wasn't watching much of anything except maybe if we were parked somewhere while my wife went shopping I'd watch a movie with the kids on Starz kids.

Previously you used to be able to downgrade online but they realized people were doing it frequently so they put a stop to it. You can now only upgrade and add channels online.