How To Use An Antenna To Get Free TV

dkreichen1968

Staff member
40-years ago I was on a tower in the middle of the West Virgina hills putting up an antenna for state of the art TV reception. That is, I was installing a TV antenna. In WV, with few TV stations and lots of low mountains the only way you got TV was by having someone like my dad and his assistant—aka me—install up to 100-foot tall towers and antennas on top of them. That was then. This is now.

Today, most people get their TV from cable or satellite. But, as their costs have sky-rocketed, a lot of people have been turning to the Internet for television. That's great, but over-the-air (OTA) TV never went away. In fact, since OTA TV shifted over to digital from analog in 2009, it's gotten better than ever.

In 2012, instead of offering a single channel, most OTA TV stations actually offer two or three different “channels.” In addition, most stations broadcast their network programs in HDTV. And, unlike, your local cable or satellite company, they don't charge you a thing for the extra “service.” Best of all OTA is still free.
Read More: Networking at Play: Antennas: The Old School TV Networks

This is one of the best article that I've seen concerning using an antenna to receive free TV. And, it's from "Network World." ;)

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
Nice thing, our television over air will be by subscription at least can't watch the best of best on television just realities shows and stupid TV shows of actors gossips, just boring. And in fake high definition are standard definition broadcasted as HD with lucky news are on some channels on high definition .

When in 1970-1989 lived in the downtown with a dayko television and holding the bad quality of some TV stations the best.helper was the fine tune ring

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk