How We Cut the Cord and Now Enjoy (Almost) Free TV

dkreichen1968

Staff member
"To get the local channels, we bought a $15. digital TV antenna, as our TV already has a digital converter built in. This allows us to watch the local Los Angeles channels, in HD. These look even better than cable or satellite, as those companies compress the signal for transmission, the HD over the air is not compressed. This is great for sports games, which look amazing. There are also multiple feeds for the new digital TV channels, for example our NBC affiliate has a the regular NBC feed, a second channel carrying only local content and a third channel with static news, weather and traffic graphics."

First Person: How We Cut the Cord and Now Enjoy (Almost) Free TV - Yahoo! Finance

dkreichen1968

Staff member
From The Comments

"I'm also in Los Angeles and cut time warner do to raising prices. I found Sezmi an Internet TV company that is $4.99/month. I get all the local channels in HD, record them on their DVR, plus it has all the on demand stuff like time warner did and it also connected to the Internet for web content. When the cable guy came out to repair my internet TV he was so impressed with Sezmi he wrote down the name and said he was signing up his family."