I already have a digital TV set, but I'm only picking up one digital channel

I have a great TV set. It is a very new Sony HDTV. But, every day I keep trying to program it and I'm only picking up one digital channel and the one remaining analog (very weak) channel that has been left explaining the transition. I would assume that the TV has a built in antenna. Can anyone advise me on this? Is buying an external antenna the only way to get any sort of free channels without having to feed the WAY overpriced cable/satellite giants?:confused:

I have a great TV set. It is a very new Sony HDTV. But, every day I keep trying to program it and I'm only picking up one digital channel and the one remaining analog (very weak) channel that has been left explaining the transition. I would assume that the TV has a built in antenna. Can anyone advise me on this? Is buying an external antenna the only way to get any sort of free channels without having to feed the WAY overpriced cable/satellite giants?:confused:
You'll definitely need an antenna.

I doubt your TV has a built-in antenna, but you can post the model# here and I'm sure one of us can find out for sure. For DTV, you will definitely need some type of antenna. Bunny ears at the very least.

you're picking a channel up with ZERO antenna? dang i wish i could do that. that means you'd get great reception with an antenna. i can barely pick up all 15 of my digital lineup at one time, sometimes i get two, sometimes 5, or i get all. only God knows what i can receive.

yes you will need an antenna but we need your zip code in order to make a good suggestion of which antenna to buy.:)