I cannot connect to my DVR from mobile apps to view DVR or stream live TV to a phone

I cannot connect to my DVR from mobile apps to view DVR or stream live TV to a phone

My HR44/700 says it's connected to the internet, but when I attempt to connect using my tablet or phone at home (or away), the app says my DVR is not online. My system is wired like this: https://goo.gl/photos/Soh3LPL7Vu9RAhD39

I've tried forwarding the two network services ports to the HR44/700 with no luck. I reset the network connection and never added in wireless SSID and password, so I can't imagine it's connected using my wireless router. I've tried with no network connection to the DVR or Connected Home Adapter, and in both cases, the internet connection still seems to work, which is a mystery to me. What is even the point of the Connected Home Adapter? Why can't I simply run ethernet to the back of the HR44 and have it work? Do I for some reason need to use wireless internet with my HR44?

I've had multiple ATT/Directv come to my house to try to fix it. They all have failed. It's been blamed on having Comcast for cable internet, and on my wireless router not being compatible with the HR44. Both stories don't ring true. My router works for 30+ other devices in my home. I'm surely not the only one with Comcast internet and DirecTV service. So I'm hoping some experts on this forum could help me sort this out.

This question, "I cannot connect to my DVR from mobile apps to view DVR or stream live TV to a phone or tablet," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.