I cannot get the a, b, c and d buttons to work on the RC122 hand controller. - Time W

This question is about "I cannot get the a, b, c and d buttons to work on the RC122 hand controller.", with Time Warner Cable TV and apps. I have no idea why the a, b, c and d buttons do not work. A Spectrum tech was at my home to fix another problem and when I asked him about this issue, he said those were only for use by Spectrum people. Makes little sense to me because when I tired to get the Channel Guide to default to My Favorites, it says I need to be able to use the 'b' button.
Right now in order to see a list of what channels I am paying for I have to constantly go to Favorites location, press List 1 and scroll through the channels. I cannot even press a channel number and get it to go to that channel. So, if I wind up on channel 200 and want to go to channel 5, I have to re-access List 1 all over again and scroll up many times to 5. This the the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The old TWC worked far better than this idiocy.

This topic covered I cannot get the a, b, c and d buttons to work on the RC122 hand controller., and TWC cable tv service.