i figured out my vcr/converter box problem and want to share it

DTVUSA Rookie
I did everything I was supposed to do to set up my VCR with my converter box but I couldn't get it to record. I couldn't find the answer on the internet. The problem was that I was told to record using my VCR through channel 3. But channel 3 was never an option on my VCR menu as a channel to record on. On an internet site it suggested that I record on channel L1 or L2. This didn't work. So I finally realized the answer! It is possible to add channel 3 to my VCR menu if I scan for channels using the manual mode (not the automatic scan). Voila! I added channel 3 and now it works!

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I did everything I was supposed to do to set up my VCR with my converter box but I couldn't get it to record. I couldn't find the answer on the internet. The problem was that I was told to record using my VCR through channel 3. But channel 3 was never an option on my VCR menu as a channel to record on. On an internet site it suggested that I record on channel L1 or L2. This didn't work. So I finally realized the answer! It is possible to add channel 3 to my VCR menu if I scan for channels using the manual mode (not the automatic scan). Voila! I added channel 3 and now it works!
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Thanks for posting your experience here.

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
great post, would not have thought of that as a fix. Some VCRs have a scan feature on them too which scans analog channels, so I wonder if it would find the channel that the converter is on and add it to memory? It is easier to add it manually though as was stated by the OP.