Question: I know nothing about dtv. Recomendations????

GT5228

DTVUSA Rookie
TV Fool tv fool report

So here is my plan see cheasy paint drawing ant.jpg

im thinking the rca ant751r Amazon.com: RCA ANT751R Outdoor Antenna Optimized for Digital Reception: Electronics

im also thinking 10 ft tall from pole mounted on deck(as seen in pic its already 5 ft high). my house would be 8 ft away from antenna spot. i would point the antenna nw. its a 2 story house with metalic coated insulation. any ideas?
should i use an amp or preamp?

also..... i just have a tube with converter box
see the tv fool report above

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
:welcome: GT5228!

After reviewing your antenna survey I highly doubt an RCA ANT751R will be adequate at your location, especially if mounted only 5 feet above ground. Could you mount an antenna on your roof, perhaps on your chimney? Antenna height above ground level is often king so if the answer is yes, please rerun your antenna survey at the maximum possible height where you could install it, so we can review the changes in the report and make appropriate antenna recommendations.

An alternative to roof mounting would be to use a telescopic multisection mast mounted to the side of your deck (I have three) and they are available in 20, 30, 40 and 50 foot heights. The photos below were taken before guy wires were added.

Jim

im also thinking 10 ft tall from pole mounted on deck(as seen in pic its already 5 ft high). my house would be 8 ft away from antenna spot. i would point the antenna nw. its a 2 story house with metalic coated insulation. any ideas?
You need to point the antenna SSW. Getting it away from the house is a good idea, but you don't want the house between antenna and transmitters. Best would be on the south side of the house. And if the trees are to the south -- in "line-of-sight" -- you want the antenna as high as possible. High is always good.

I agree with Jim. The ANT751R is probly not up to the job.

should i use an amp or preamp?
Maybe. But try it first au naturale.

R.