I like Time Warner but....

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
It seems like they always have a lag when changes the channels at least once a day with the digital cable. Also, when they are updating the new schedule at midnight, my digital box freezes and then turns off. I tried a new box and still had the same problem. Anyone else going through this? Should I maybe ask for a certain type of digital box?

Attachments

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I don't think your box should be shutting down. It might if there was a power glitch or something, but other than that you might want to explain the problem to a technician and see if he(she) can figure it out.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Turns out it was a bad box. We got a new one and all the problems disappeared. I personally think they shouldn't bring out used boxes to begin with when installing service. I found out our box was a used box and very old.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Turns out it was a bad box. We got a new one and all the problems disappeared. I personally think they shouldn't bring out used boxes to begin with when installing service. I found out our box was a used box and very old.
At least that's all it was...a bad box. It would have been worse if it had been a problem with your TV.

About T-W re-using boxes...it would be nice if the company could afford to issue new ones to new customers, but knowing how the business world works, methinks T-W is not interested in doing so because it would eat up some of its profits.

dreamr802

DTVUSA Member
That surprises me that they didn't give you a new box when you had your cable installed. That's weird. Especially with electronics, I ALWAYS make sure that I'm receiving something new and not refurbished.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
That surprises me that they didn't give you a new box when you had your cable installed. That's weird. Especially with electronics, I ALWAYS make sure that I'm receiving something new and not refurbished.
Yeah, you would think that would, but when I called in and gave the # of the box, they informed me I had a refurbished one and I can come in anytime to get a new one or have a tech come out. Customer service is usually pretty excellent at Time Warner.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
Seems like customer service is falling to the wayside as these people will hire just about anyone lately. If they can pass a test, they get a job.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Seems like customer service is falling to the wayside as these people will hire just about anyone lately. If they can pass a test, they get a job.
I haven't had that experience at all my local co. at Time Warner. In fact, it has been quite the opposite. There were quite a few of my cousins friends right out of college who applied there because of the benefits and were turned down because they had no customer service experience in a call center. That may be different in other locations though.

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I tend to agree with you. The company has a great reputation in my area as well. What is funny is I see these companies not wanting to hire someone with no experience. LOL. These people have had experience talking on the phone their whole lives. lol

I like Timewarner, but Optimum Online gives them a run for the money. When I was a Timewarner customer I also went through this issue, but with Optimum there are no such issues.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I like Timewarner, but Optimum Online gives them a run for the money. When I was a Timewarner customer I also went through this issue, but with Optimum there are no such issues.

This sounded interesting to me so I took a look, and unfortunately I can't get Optimum Online in my area, and they have excellent prices !