i like

betty boo

DTVUSA Jr. Member
i like the biggest losser because it gives my the power to try and loose weight. have a hard time even getting started on a diet or an excise program. so it helps me to take a look at how hard it is for other people need a push to get started. with me watching it give me the things i need to get started with the help of someone going through the same thing as i am. :eek::)

i like the biggest losser because it gives my the power to try and loose weight. have a hard time even getting started on a diet or an excise program. so it helps me to take a look at how hard it is for other people need a push to get started. with me watching it give me the things i need to get started with the help of someone going through the same thing as i am. :eek::)
I remember the first time this show came out, I thought the title of it was demeaning, "Biggest Loser"? Little did I know, I was missing a good show. Every year my boyfriend and I get hooked because of the characters. It's definitely insipirational for us to continously go to the gym, but the best thing about the show is how they dispell a lot of myths about dieting. I was shocked to hear that eating late at night was actually ok, because I always thought that your body can't burn calories while you sleep, but apparently it's not true.

I feel like since they started having teams with family members and friends, that it motivates the contestants more because they have a connection to a person close to their lives to help them push through the show. :) Which is a good thing.

I think that The Biggest Looser is a very motivational show. I love that they have the trainer tips right before the commercials.
Agreed, in fact, something I always thought to be true about not eating carbs or certain types of foods before bed time was actually talked about on the show a few weeks ago. Back in the mid 90's, the consensus was, to not eat carbs or fat before bed because it was thought that because you're body isn't burning calories while it's resting, it won't be able to burn those calories as energy, which would mean your body would store the energy as fat. The show kind of disproved the myth when Jillian I think mentioned that doctors have proven that to be false.

So now I eat a big pizza before I go to bed. JK! But seriously, I'm always so hungry before i go to bed, and would only try to eat a low carb meal, but not anymore. I'll see how I do weight wise, I still have another 20 pounds or so to go!