i love the amazing race..

teresa

DTVUSA Member
They will going through 30,000 miles of unknown territory. Amazing. I truly don't think I could do that. You need to be in tip top shape and all.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
In tip top shape, able to eat weird food fast, able to navigate well which includes reading maps, getting directions and knowing where you are, able to speak widely used foreign languages, Spanish at the least, French,... able to solve puzzles, a real desire to win and lots of luck! :)

Survivor has set formula where more or less the same thing happens every season/episode, as people try to outwit each other; it lost its appeal to me after the 2nd season. But for Amazing Race, the elements are more volatile and dynamic, there are always different teams and the concept of traveling around the world to win some money doing some interesting competitions to advance, is way more interesting than the routine formula for Survivor.

andy

DTVUSA Jr. Member
A friend of mine recommended this show to me but didn't give to many details. After reading this thread, I am going to give it a look :)

Thanks!

A friend of mine recommended this show to me but didn't give to many details. After reading this thread, I am going to give it a look :)

Thanks!
It's really good. Season 4 was a little predictable, but it's so much more enjoyable if you start watching it at the beggining of the season!

calvindale

DTVUSA Member

Thanks!
You'll not regret watching it. TAR/The Amazing Race is way more better than Survivor for me (if your fond watching a reality television game show).

But watching it starting from Season 1?:eek: oh well it's your own decision.

I LOVE this show too...too bad I don't get to watch it that often but yeah it's amazing at how much strength these people have to get through all of the obstacles that they go through. It's absolutely amazing.

I am so sick of Survivor that I could barf! I love the Race though! I cannot get enough of it! It never gets old because they always go to new places every week so its a new show every season. I always have a team I like and there is always one every one loves to hate!

Mei

DTVUSA Member
probably better than Survivor as far as CBS reality/game shows go. I'd like to do the Amazing Race someday.
yes, i agree. this is better than survivor. and i think that survivor is scripted. the amazing race has so many interesting challenges. not like survivor, they will be just be doing the challenges in an island.

There is something exciting about seeing the different locations that they get to travel to.
And because they are always somewhere different being faced with the new challenge, it shows that the contestants have to think fast on their feet.

Though I'm not a big fan of reality shows, I still think Amazing Race is enjoyable show to watch. I haven't seen every single episode, but I still think it's an amazing show.

antkmom

DTVUSA Member
I also love The Amazing Race. It is so fun to watch just to see the different cultures. I love seeing how the teams interact with each other under pressure too. The challenges are awesome. Can you imagine going on that show- it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0