I Miss Joey

Gate Keeper

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Do you remember that succesful NBC's sitcom series called Friends, well, I was not really fan of this TV show but I turned into one when one of the characters got his own show, "Joey" played by Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani.

These new sitcom was run only for two seasons, the first in 2004 and then until 2006 after a long waiting time, though NBC decided that American Idol would be more suitable taking over Joey's place in its programming... or maybe ratings decided his fate.

The fact is that a friend of mine, who recently arrived home from the UK said that Joey is being broadcast there and we were remembering some comical moments we enjoyed.

Question is, do you think Joey is available in DVD or any chances to get on TV the reprise?

green

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I haven't seen it on DVD yet. I did watch some episodes of it. Its was ok but I loved friends better. Joey was one of my favorite characters in Friends though.

I usually don't see Matt in movies. I wonder what he is doing now.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
Joey was OK but Friends is much better. I have seen runs and re-runs of Friends and never got bored of them. Joey as one of the Friends is adorable. He's my favorite character in Friends.

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
joey was a great character on friends, but i was never sure he needed his own spinoff show. to me it seemed like a way to try to milk the whole friends thing for a little more $$$ with the spinoff

djs

DTVUSA Member
Compared to most other sitcoms, I thought this was a good show. Joey's character was the best part of Friends and I thought his own show was just as funny. Unfortunatey ratings dictate everything in TV so I don't think you'll see this show ever coming back on the air.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Do you remember that succesful NBC's sitcom series called Friends, well, I was not really fan of this TV show but I turned into one when one of the characters got his own show, "Joey" played by Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani.

These new sitcom was run only for two seasons, the first in 2004 and then until 2006 after a long waiting time, though NBC decided that American Idol would be more suitable taking over Joey's place in its programming... or maybe ratings decided his fate.

The fact is that a friend of mine, who recently arrived home from the UK said that Joey is being broadcast there and we were remembering some comical moments we enjoyed.

Question is, do you think Joey is available in DVD or any chances to get on TV the reprise?
I liked (not loved) Friends and I was prepared to give Joey a fair chance, but after watching the first episode, I simply tuned out. Matt LeBlanc was fine during his years on Friends, but it was his chemistry with the rest of that series' cast that made his "dumb actor" persona work. That was a common sentiment among most viewers.

American Idol had nothing to do with Joey's cancellation; it's a Fox series, not an NBC one.