I need antenna help quickly

bbknox

DTVUSA Jr. Member
We get acceptable analog reception with the antenna that we have. The digital reception is not good with some channels not coming in or programs being pixelated.

Do we need a new antenna and if so can you give me suggestions on what to buy? :confused::confused:

These are the channels we should get according to antennaweb.
Channels
A: 7, 7.1, 9.1, 9.1, 16, 16.1, 29
B: 40, 40.1
C: 49
D: 18, 38, 38.1
E: 18
F: 13, 21, 21.1, 33
G: 4, 4.1, 4.1, 62

I have attached the antenna map from antennaweb.

We live in a rural area with tall trees around our mobile home.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

We get acceptable analog reception with the antenna that we have. The digital reception is not good with some channels not coming in or programs being pixelated.

Do we need a new antenna and if so can you give me suggestions on what to buy? :confused::confused:

These are the channels we should get according to antennaweb.
Channels
A: 7, 7.1, 9.1, 9.1, 16, 16.1, 29
B: 40, 40.1
C: 49
D: 18, 38, 38.1
E: 18
F: 13, 21, 21.1, 33
G: 4, 4.1, 4.1, 62

I have attached the antenna map from antennaweb.

We live in a rural area with tall trees around our mobile home.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
First all of your channels are UHF except for 4, 7 9 this would mean that you would need a UHF and VHF antenna, the problem with combo antennas is the fact that the UHF side is always weak. so I suggest a UHF stacked over a VHF combined with a Channel Master titan 777 pre amp. How far are you from transmitters and what present antenna do you have?
here is what I recommend for deep fringe 60+ miles from transmitters.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-reception/1088-cowboys-deep-fringe-prescription.html
how high is the antenna above your mobile home does the home have a metal roof if so you need as much height as possible. also what converter box or digital tv.:)