I need help installing my coverta box

steve148

DTVUSA Rookie
I have two coaxial connections on my indoor antenna. one coaxial connection on my TV. I am short one connection to set up my converter box. Please help, I'm looking at a blank tv screen. All directions im finding
assume that the antenna has only one coax connection

Last edited:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
I have two coaxial connections on my indoor antenna. one coaxial connection on my TV. I am short one connection to set up my converter box. Please help, I'm looking at a blank tv screen. All directions im finding
assume that the antenna has only one coax connection
Welcome to the DTVUSA Forum. Connect the coaxial cable from your antenna to the antenna in on the CECB. Connect the coaxial cable out from the CECB to the TV. Turn the CECB on and follow the prompts. Good Luck.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
just to back up what 1inxs mentioned, you'll need only one coax out from your antenna to your converter box. How was the antenna connected to your TV before you connected your converter box?

steve148

DTVUSA Rookie
It was attached through an AB switch going to my VCR and my DVD player. Unfortunately I glanced at the instructions from the converter box thought the directions were good and disconnected everything and can't remember how it was set up. I do believe because I don't have the 2nd coax set up I'm not getting reception on all the channels that scanned.

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
It was attached through an AB switch going to my VCR and my DVD player. Unfortunately I glanced at the instructions from the converter box thought the directions were good and disconnected everything and can't remember how it was set up. I do believe because I don't have the 2nd coax set up I'm not getting reception on all the channels that scanned.
You need to look at the back of your antenna. One of the outputs will read UHF. You need to connect this one to your CECB. The other one is probably the VHF. Rescan for channels when connected.

EDIT:You want to use the UHF output from your antenna unless the stations broadcast in your area are VHF. In that case you would connect the VHF output from your antenna.