I want my I want my RTV

anyone from Owensboro/Evansville Market (is Jake'sDTVblog still a member here?) know where the heck my RTV went? WEHT-DT 25.2? it seems to have damn sports network crap on it! i wanted to watch my daily episodes of Knight Rider, Kojack, and others now it is gone!!!

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
Yes, I'm still here from time to time, although I try to steer clear because of how political this thing has gotten. No offense to Jay, but I just don't have the stomach for wading through that, and besides, my site & newspaper column have taken up most of my time in the past several months.

I know RTV is gone. It's been off since 8/1. WEHT decided to switch to a sports channel, which was a decision I commend them for, because it wasn't an easy one to make. It's something that they will have to grow over time, and I personally think it will not be a problem for them. They're doing a damn good job with it.

Of course, not everyone is a fan of the new NEWS 25 Sports Channel, so I contacted the other Evansville stations, and at least one is now considering picking up RTV. I've had a running poll up on my website (jakesdtvblog.com) since the end of July, and the reader response has been such that the station considering RTV is convinced. It's just a matter of getting it all together.

Just check my site from time to time ... when there's something to report, that's where I'll have it.

RTV was perfect. it was better than TV Land. i am a huge retro freak. and sports on TV is just not my forte. i love sports when i buy a ticket and see it first-hand. but on TV? it is a joke. no offense to those who actually love the damned superbowl and march madness routines i just want my classics!

It is not that i am upset at the sports channel itself (Even though we already got AmericaOne) it is that there is NO RTV. i have not had luck picking up WPSD to see if theirs is still up

Oh my scarceness on the forums has nothing to do with the topics, but my active Animal Rights stuff and of course my job at Tony's Carts and Parts takes a good half of my day up.

The thing that keeps me away the worst is the new forum look. i do not like change and it takes longer to load up than it would on a i486. and my albums are gone and no random album pic or relevant data on my sidebar

JakesDTVBlog

To the best of my knowledge, WPSD is still with RTV. Of course, that doesn't do you any good if you can't pick it up.

Just check my site from time to time. You might be pleasantly surprised, and soon.

Orry i had RTV but now it's gone. i also had high hopes for 14Xtra to be worth something but it ended up nothing but trash where i otherwise had a great radar 24/7, when you live in a mobile home you need radar! the last big storm we had i wanted to see how severe it was and was greeted by Dr. Oz and i needed to know if it was safe to stay inside! not know the best method of fighting diabetes!

dave73

DTVUSA Member
Orry i had RTV but now it's gone. i also had high hopes for 14Xtra to be worth something but it ended up nothing but trash where i otherwise had a great radar 24/7, when you live in a mobile home you need radar! the last big storm we had i wanted to see how severe it was and was greeted by Dr. Oz and i needed to know if it was safe to stay inside! not know the best method of fighting diabetes!
I live in a mobile home myself, and know the feeling. If I lived in a ranch house like my grandmother does (a 60 year old ranch house), it wouldn't be any better, due to the lack of all interior rooms with no windows & no basement. In Chicago, WMAQ & WLS-TV have weather radar channels, but only WLS-TV will continue to have an all weather radar channel this fall. WMAQ is switching their all weather radar channel to a channel similar to WNBC-TV, which is a news & lifestyle channel. WLS-TV has their weather radar thru Accuweather.

Now on the RTV topic, I have yet to see the channel myself. No full power TV station in Chicago is willing to pickup RTV. Not sure the reason with most stations. I know that WBBM-TV is a CBS O&O & CBS refuses to allow their O&O stations (including CW affiliates & Independents) to have subchannels. WMAQ already has 2 subchannels and they're commited to their upcoming news & lifestyle channel. I believe NBC O&O stations are mandated to carry Universal Sports. WLS-TV is an ABC O&O station, and all ABC O&O stations are required to have Livewell HD on one subchannel, and I believe most, if not, all O&O have Accuweather on the other subchannel. 8 of 10 ABC O&O stations have the main ABC channel & Livewell HD in 720p HD. WGN-TV for now isn't gonna have a subchannel, but supposedly will have something else in the future. WCIU already has MeTV & MeToo on low power TV stations, plus on WCIU subchannels. MeTV & MeToo are classic TV shows, and they're commited to that, as they program those channels themselves. WFLD (Fox) & sister station WPWR-TV (MNT) don't have any subchannels and haven't decided if they'll have any (technically, WPWR-TV does have one on 51.6, but it's a radar channel and actually meant for those with mobile TV service, but some regular TV's can pickup this channel, and it's not mapped for PSIP). Independent station WJYS runs too many infomercials with occasional brokered religious shows on their channel that I can't see them being able to afford to carry RTV. I'm surprised they're still on the air.

I don't know if you'll get RTV in your market again, but Chicago has yet to see the station being available on a full power station, and so far, low power station WPVN-LD (a Polnet owned station) has yet to carry RTV, though RTV lists them as a Chicago area affiliate.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
We'll never get them. I'm obviously still lamenting that. One of our big channels locally has been airing a weather channel since even before the OTA thing with DTV boxes. They abandoned that last week for something called More TV. It's a scattered version of their daytime lineup and such. I hate it; nothing good or new.

JakesDTVBlog

Thanks, Jay.

Just wanted everyone to know (if anyone cares) that I'm stepping away from the site for a few days this week. My grandmother passed away on Friday, so I will, obviously, have more pressing things to deal with.

As for RTV, I still don't know if it's coming back, although there is a glimmer of hope. I've heard nothing more officially, so I can't really go out on a limb too far yet. If anything comes across my desk while I'm gone, I'll get it on the site ASAP, but I'm kinda hopeful nothing big breaks between now and Thursday, because I am in no state of mind to write much of anything substantive.

Heck, it took me half an hour to get this typed.

Sorry to hear about your losses dude, i just lost my dog to a car. BTW if RTV ever does come back please give me the actual channel #. my Samsung tuner SIR-T451 had to have many channels manually entered in there as it won't search properly and if i had to search i'd lose all the ones i manually entered so i would rather manually program it in should it ever return.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0