Idol Gives Back

Froix

DTVUSA Member
I'm not what you'd call a big fan of the show but I'll be watching this yearly episode. All the charity they collect is incredible, hope most of it goes to who needs it. The show itself has been more than decent. I'm not sure in what season, 6th I think but Celine Dion singing a duet with Elvis was just one of the best things I've seen on TV.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, I think it's so great that they have something like this. The judges, host, and producers are all pretty much filthy rich, so I guess since they have been so blessed they want to bless others less fortunate...Kudos to AI.

I do like that the show does give back to charities...Does anyone know what charities they specifically give their money to? I hope that it's American based charities and not foreign based charities...Celebrities need to learn to help their own country first.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I do like that the show does give back to charities...Does anyone know what charities they specifically give their money to? I hope that it's American based charities and not foreign based charities...Celebrities need to learn to help their own country first.
Actually, I know one of them IS a foreign based charity in Africa. All the judges and many of the past winners went there to help out. Not sure what, if any, American charities they are helping.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Here is a list of the charities that the Idol Gives Back Fountation supports with Fox;

Children's Defense Fund -- For 35 years the Children's Defense Fund (CDF) has worked relentlessly to ensure a level playing field for all children by lifting them out of poverty, protecting them from abuse and neglect, and ensuring access to health care, quality education, and a moral and spiritual foundation to help them succeed with the help of caring adults and communities.

CHF - The Children's Health FundThe Children's Health Fund (CHF) is committed to providing health care to the nation's most medically under-served children and their families.

The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria -- All Global Fund-financed programs support 2 million orphans around the world.

Make It Right -- a national fundraising campaign to help New Orleans recover from the lasting devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina.

Malaria No More -- >Malaria No More's mission is simple: to end deaths due to malaria. Through the support of Idol Gives Back 2007, Malaria No More has protected more than a million mothers and children from malaria to date in Uganda, Zambia, Angola, Madagascar, and Mali.

Save the Children --Save the Children's U.S. Programs focus on underdeveloped rural areas, where one in five children lives in poverty.They help provide education, physical activity and nutrition programs for children. Also very active in emergency response situation.s They are helping over 35,000 children nationwide.

These are just summaries of what these great charities are doing for more information, you may click on the links I have put in the charities names. You can also check out this one, Where the Money Goes - Idol Gives Back - American Idol

Voyager

DTVUSA Jr. Member
That is just absolutely wonderful of American Idol and Fox to do. There are so many worthy charities around the world, it had to be hard to limit it to just those mentioned. One of my favorite charities is the American Cancer Society. Unfortunately, this has become a very common disease among so many around the world. David Cook, one of the American Idol winners supports the ACS, personally.