If not Comcast, then....

If you don't use Comcast or have used Comcast in the past and have a different provider, who are you using? There are times when I want to switch to another service but I'm just lost. Any suggestions?

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
Hi, I love my Direct TV. We have had it for 15 years and we are pretty happy with it. We have looked into switching to another provider, but decided to stay with Direct. I guess we are just comfortable with the menu options we have now and other benefits, as well.
We do have some great threads and post here on the forum regarding all the major providers. Feel free to browse around and ask questions. Happy Hunting.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
If you don't use Comcast or have used Comcast in the past and have a different provider, who are you using? There are times when I want to switch to another service but I'm just lost. Any suggestions?

Being in a metro area where the only choice in my neck of the woods is either Comcast or a satellite provider, my budgetary limitations force me to stick with Comcast whether I want it or not. I could, of course, simply get a new TV antenna that picks up digital signals, but then I'd be without the cable channels I do watch.

Sparks

DTVUSA Member
Available services

The others are correct with the DirecTv, antenna, Dishnetwork or local cable. Since the deregulation and conglomerate break up of the phone companies. Many towns now of have 2 or 3 cable TV providers.

Something that some of you may not know is that if you are in a situation where you would just like to get the local channels through Dish Network it is available or it use to be. That would be at a cost of just under $20 per month. That includes the service and the rental for the equipment. Seams to me that it would be much less expensive to put up an antenna.

If you are in an area were you can have a big dish (6 feet or more). Then
C band services are available through a few sources. Same programming as with Directv or dish. Difference is almost half of the cost. You may have more sports available with Dish or Direct, I do not follow sports.

If you have a satellite dish with the appropriate box. There is also more stuff for free than you may be able to keep up with anyway.

I have DirecTV. I absolutely love it. I have great service and the customer service is very good too. I've had a couple of problems over the past 3 years but they have been taken care of immediately.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
There isn't any competition where we live. You have a choice of antenna, satelite or cable and only one cable company at that. We've chosen Comcast, but my son has Direct TV and he loves it -- except when there's a storm!

kaye

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Actually Verison is beginning to encroach on some of Comcast's territory.They are offering FIOS which is much better than anything that Comcast can offer. I also think that eventually they will be much cheaper as well.

My boyfriend wants us to get rid of our DirecTV now and switch over to the Verizon cable...I am not too fond of the Verizon phone service, so I'm not too keen on getting their cable service as well. I just wish DirecTV would go down a little in price.

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
Well that is a very broad answer there for this question. Because it really depends on the area you live in as to what service providers are available in any given place. So trying to give you an answer without knowing all the information is hard.