Question: If you could live in any TV show's world, which would you pick?

I love a good alternate reality fantasy. As much as I love The Walking Dead, Supernatural, American Horror Story, etc., I could NOT live in those worlds. Let's face it- I'm a weenie! I'd be hiding in a bunker somewhere, provided I could stop my knees from shaking long enough to get there! I would make Scooby and Shaggy look like brave heroes! I think I could handle something like Once Upon a Time, though. The danger factor is a little lower, and it'd be interesting to see what fairy tale character I'd be :) What alternate reality world would you like to try out?

Hmmm, on some days it feels like the "Sons of Anarchy" reality would be cool for a minute...but then I realize that most of those guys go to jail in real life :)

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
I don't even watch it so I'm going to judge based on what I've heard about it, but I could be forever young in Glee's dream world of rainbow and equality and never get out of high school (if it was as perfect as it usually is in tv series) :)

The show is over now but I would live in the Full House world. It seemed like there was never anything going wrong in the city of San Francisco. The family was happy and there was never an episode where someone was killed. This is the exact opposite of my world so I would switch at the drop of a dime.

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I would love to live in the world of Doctor Who, because time travel like that would allow a person to have exciting fantasy adventures, but then also decide to just live in the "real world" sometimes too.

I second Glee, though I would pick the New York storyline instead. Live in an impossibly huge apartment with a couple friends, go to college for musical theater, start a band, and get cast as the lead in a Broadway show. Even rainbow dream worlds don't really make me want to go back to high school.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I love this thread idea.

Alright, well naturally I go to worlds with superpowers. However, the accessibility of these powers is a huge issue. Don't I need to be a genius to use alchemy? Isn't it random if I'm a wizard in Harry Potter?

Therefore,--as childish as it is-- I've chosen Poke'mon. Guaranteed immersion. Little animals to be my buddy that I can train to do things.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Sometimes I wish I could live in one of those idyllic 1950's or 1960's shows, where life was perfect, father knew best, and people lived happily ever after.

Minus, of course, all the up-tightness and narrow-mindedness common to those times.

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
I don't know if anyone out there would remember the show "Ed" on NBC about 12 years ago, but I always thought I would fit in nicely in Stuckeyville. I'd spend all my time at the bowling alley. Actually I'd rather just watch the show again, but it's not available anywhere as far as I know. Pretty remarkable cast - Tom Cavanagh, Julie Bowen, Michael Ian Black, and Justin Long to name a few.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Definitely a show from the family perfect 50s. I always wanted that to be my life. I've long talked about the Donna Reed syndrome which is essentially wanting that flawed yet perfect family unit. I don't know which one I'd want -- the Donna Reed thing or maybe going forward into the 60s for the Patty Duke Show style. There's always the Family Affair life too, very well off, but I wouldn't want to live in NY in an apartment.

I don't even watch it so I'm going to judge based on what I've heard about it, but I could be forever young in Glee's dream world of rainbow and equality and never get out of high school (if it was as perfect as it usually is in tv series) :)
Ha! That is true about the High School reality; however, I don't know if I would go insane for it to be in the "Glee" reality!!! Maybe Glee minus the singing???

I have often wished The Doctor would come and make me and my hubby his companions so I can say for sure I could live in the Dr Who world. I would also love to live in Middle Earth- Shire of course- or in Rivendell. Third choice would be Hogwarts because come on being a witch or a wizard would be so cool!

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
What is so great about this Doctor Who show? I mean, I literally hear people talking about it on my facebook and have absolutely no clue as to why people like it.

What is so great about this Doctor Who show? I mean, I literally hear people talking about it on my facebook and have absolutely no clue as to why people like it.
Same reason anyone likes any show- it is fun, interesting, entertaining, and better than the violence and cursing and everything else that is out there today. Im not saying it is for everyone (ya kind have to like the fantasy/sci-fi stuff) but Dr Who is an awesome show! If you have not ever watched it your should try to catch some of the shows- espeically the ones with Tennant or Smith as the Doctor!

If I had to choose a television show world to live in, it would have to be NCIS, the original one. I think Gibbs is such an awesome boss and the way that teams love for each is strong. They're definitely a perfect example of how colleagues should work together as a team and one big family. Some people may not even realize it or let alone care, but when you're working at a job , those people you work with are like your family. You're suppose go to work do your job and look out for the others that work with you. Whatever the job may be, especially being law official or even working in food service. The point is I enjoy watching how much fun they have and stick together , even through their disagreements with one another, they get over it and move on. Abby would be my best friend because even though she is quite weird, her work ethics is the best and she is so intelligent. She definitely know how's to be professional when it' s needed, at the same time she can dress in those gothic clothing and still maintain her professionalism. It's crazy to think about, if I must say. I would be Dinozo's girlfriend on the show or even in real life, if I were single. But overall I have been watching that show since I was a teenager and love every episode. I don't think there is one episode that I was disappointed with.

I'd have to say The magic school bus
Haha! Yes that would be so much fun- once I got over my inital fear. I was always more like- Arnold I think his name was- a little leery about doing new things but once I did them I had a blast. I think I would be the same in the Magic School Bus world.

The Magic School Bus was cool, that was one of the best children's show and of course Arthur like you have mentioned SJ Coryell. There was such a catchy song on The Magic School Bus and the teacher was so funny. As for Arthur he was always having fears about something , but his little sister DWU was such a little brat. She is the practical younger sibling, trying to get the older ones in trouble because they're mad that they weren't able to be included in everything.