Question: If you could only keep up with one currently airing TV show at a time...

If you could only keep up with one currently airing TV show at a time, which would you pick?

Right now, I'd easily choose The Walking Dead, and it conveniently ends right before my second choice, Game of Thrones, starts its next season.

What about you? Would it be an easy decision or do you have several favorites?

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
It's rare that I feel the need to keep up with more than one episodic TV show at a time. The quality is just really thin out there. If had to choose right now it would be Community, but I would switch my answer over to Mad Men when it starts up again in April. My problem would come when Mad Men is still running and the new season of Louie starts airing in May. Think I'd stick with Mad Men, as it is more plot driven, and catch up with Louie later on.

In the past I have watched the TV show Bones. A few years ago I got away from watching it and now I'm totally out of touch. I would love to begin watching again but don't know if I've missed too much.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I'd go with modern family, it gives me a laugh. I've got books for the walking dead or game of thrones... :)

Ya, I would go with modern family as well. But, that is only because that is actually the only show I can even think of. Considering I hardly ever watch tv.

Justified. I get everything I need from that show. Smart dialogue, superb actors and guest stars, perfectly drawn characters. There's a good whole story each week and a great season arc building in each episode. It gives me my weekly fix of highbrow (the Elmore Leonard literary connection and general artfulness of it) and my vicarious thrills (the action and dirty humor). There's plenty of plain, plain ugly and bizarre-looking people to remind you of what the world is really like and enough beautiful men and women for you to forget it!

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
Mine would be the animated show Naruto, more so out of principle than anything. I've been keeping up with it for a decade, I don't plan on stopping now.

All the other stuff I watch I usually watch after the season's ended, anyway.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
This is a tough choice, but I'd probably pick either The Voice or Dancing with the Stars. For reality shows like this, it really doesn't appeal to me to watch it after the season ends. If I get more than a week behind, I just skip the episodes I missed. Whereas most scripted shows could be binge-watched at a later date just as easily.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Mine would be the animated show Naruto, more so out of principle than anything. I've been keeping up with it for a decade, I don't plan on stopping now.

All the other stuff I watch I usually watch after the season's ended, anyway.
Do you watch the Japanese version or the English version? I haven't watched it since 2006, but I only watched the Japanese version. Tried watching an English version and it totally was not, what I liked at all.