I'm a news junkie

Ok...I admit it. I'm a news junkie and for that reason I don't have the CNN, Headline News or any other news channels that may be on cable. I've always been fascinated with what's happening and yes...I worked as a journalist for a short time after I graduated from college.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, me too, although I prefer business news, but I'll take CNN, Fox, MSNBC anyday over local news. Fox Business Network is at the top of my favs.

One of my things is that I grew up in San Francisco which is ranked number 5 I think in terms of market size and then I moved to Utah where I'm shocked at how bad the news reporting is. The only reason I even watch local news is to know the weather and that's about it.

dbcooper

DTVUSA Member
i dont care too much for news, since i get most of my news online anyway, i figure if anything earth-shattering happens, i'll hear about it online..

however, for some reason, if i have my TV on in the background (but not really watching it), i'll have it on a news channel..

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I don't watch the news at all. I did for a short period of time, but I just really can't stand knowing what goes on in the world. I know I should keep myself educated about what goes on in the world, but I just don't care for news.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
i dont care too much for news, since i get most of my news online anyway, i figure if anything earth-shattering happens, i'll hear about it online..

however, for some reason, if i have my TV on in the background (but not really watching it), i'll have it on a news channel..
Same here. There are few shows that I watch on tv and they're on mostly at night. If the tv set gets turned on during the day, it's always on CNN headline news. The local news stations don't have any real news to report unless it one drug cartel shooting another. If I hear something or want to know, I'll check online.

Tammy

DTVUSA Rookie
Check out the news on National Public Radio (NPR) sometime. I listen to that on the way to work and the way home. They have a great Market Place report, too, and if you would rather get it on-line, that works too. Having several different news sources can help you get different angles on things. Oh, and hey, don't rule out local news, it can be very helpful knowing what's happening in your town - it could impact you very quickly if you don't know about it.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
NPR and PBS are always great and non biased, hard to find these days as open as my political views are...

Jay, is Fox Business news going to make it? :p Last I heard, they were hurting for ratings.