in june will this get better?

i installed my converter box about a week ago. i get alot of "skipping" (like a scratched cd) pixelation and image completely cutting out. yes, the picture (when not experiencing these problems) is better but i didn't have to adjust my antennae nearly as much without the box. once everything goes digital in june will this improve? i tend to agree with the cable conspiracy theory here. i just don't think this is any better than my regular antennae actually it is worse...
ps i have an rca tv, converter box (a nice one i think) and antennae (which is on top of tv, about 4.5 feet off ground)

With digital you will need to be more precisely pointed at the transmitter my rotator is programmable so I tweak to get the best reception on each channel then program the position for the channel. if you do not have a rotator and all of your stations are in one direction you might need an antenna with a wider beam of reception, a little less directional go to TV Fool put in your address and then save your results and attach them to your next post we can make a better suggestion as to what is going on.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
i installed my converter box about a week ago. i get alot of "skipping" (like a scratched cd) pixelation and image completely cutting out. yes, the picture (when not experiencing these problems) is better but i didn't have to adjust my antennae nearly as much without the box. once everything goes digital in june will this improve? i tend to agree with the cable conspiracy theory here. i just don't think this is any better than my regular antennae actually it is worse...
ps i have an rca tv, converter box (a nice one i think) and antennae (which is on top of tv, about 4.5 feet off ground)
When the Government puts it's hands on any "mandated" technology change that affects the whole public, there has to be some kind of corruption involved. but that's just my $.02

Anyway, are you using bunny ears for a antenna? Is it just some channels or all channels that are pixelated? Cowboy mentioned the main determinant factor with dtv reception, and that being, knowing the distance from broadcast towers.