indoor antenna for an apartment

Holly

DTVUSA Rookie
connected my converter to my tv and then connected our apartment wide antenna to the converter box. received a no signal. i talked to the front office of my apartment complex and it sounds like we are no longer going to be able to use the shared antenna anymore. plus i read on google that you cant share an antenna anymore. is there a good antenna for a apartment complex that is like under $20 or less?? i saw some recommendations, but i don't have a big budget for $40+ antenna. thank you anyone for your help.

connected my converter to my tv and then connected our apartment wide antenna to the converter box. received a no signal. i talked to the front office of my apartment complex and it sounds like we are no longer going to be able to use the shared antenna anymore. plus i read on google that you cant share an antenna anymore. is there a good antenna for a apartment complex that is like under $20 or less?? i saw some recommendations, but i don't have a big budget for $40+ antenna. thank you anyone for your help.
if you know some one who is handy there is a homade 4 bay bowtie antenna that you can make that works well just make it and hang on the wall behind the tv. you can find it on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw:) works better than store bought

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Last edited:
i don't think i'm that brave. :) looks interesting.
Get some one to make it for you, you must know some one who is handy with tools even some Geeky teenagers would give it a try and make one for you. I have had a lot of tech savvy Antenna geeks say this little antenna would out preform any indoor antenna on the market, and a lot of outdoor antennas.:)

Holly

DTVUSA Rookie
I've used a 2 bay bowtie antenna for years and swear by it. The range is suppose to be 20-30 miles but mine picks up Cincinnati stations 50 miles away, with or without a pre amp.

Check it out
Channel Master 4149 Indoor UHF HD Antenna Digital Bow Tie TV Aerial CM4149 Allegro Local Signal Television Reception, Gold Reflector Screen with Balun Transformer, Part # CM4149: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furniture, TV Antennas, Audio
ok Tim, I ordered the channel master 4149 because it was so cheap. Hope it works. :D;)

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
ok Tim, I ordered the channel master 4149 because it was so cheap. Hope it works. :D;)
It will work.

If you do a google search on it, you'll find that that indoor antenna has an almost legendary statis to it.

In the distant past I tried a lot of other antennas that were amplified and more expensive but none could touch that ones reception ability. I doubt any still can.

That dude is the Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali of indoor uhf tv antennas. :)

I'm using an RCA flat silver antenna with Dipole rods (amplified) and I'm pulling in 4.1, 5.1, 7.1, 7.2, 44.1, 44.2, 44.3, 44.4, and a bunch of analogs (don't care about the analogs).

I paid 10 bucks for it, found the sweet spot in my room. I'm hoping after all analog channels shut down and Digital ERP power goes up I will get more. Patiently waiting.

WGBX has reduced power on their analog channel, and despite the debate they are still shutting it down in feb 17th. In fact, I think alot of the channels in my area are still flash cutting. But, hey, I'm ready for it anyways.