Intervention

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I must say this is one of those shows that I like to watch every now and then. Some of the people that are on this show have really interesting stories and it's a heart warming show. Any opinions about it?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I like the show. It's scary to think how out of control some people can get, but A&E does a really good job of not sugar coating anything and letting us see all the ugly realities of what drugs, alcohol, and other addictions can do. I also like how they always give the history and background of the addict, so we can see they are just as human as everyone else, but just in a lot of trouble.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
It almost feels like an intrusion into the personal lives of others. But, I think the show offers us as viewers the ability to learn in helping people we might know who are going through some trauma of addiction or another.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, it really does in a way feel like an intrusion, but I think that is what makes the show so good. Unlike other reality shows where things are staged to look different, everything about this show seems so real and uncut and unrehearsed.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Some of the gambler addiction problems on this show are nothing short of amazing in the sense that, gambling addiction seems to affect anyone, no matter race, social status, education, etc. I guess you can say that about all addictions, but I have always thought that education level played a big part of who gambles (to the point of addiction) and who doesn't. The last intervention I saw said that there were approximately 7,000,000 people with a gambling addiction.