iPad Day 5: An extraordinary amount of static electricity?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
So I've had my new iPad (iPad 3) now for a few days, and one thing I've noticed is an extraordinary amount of static electricity shocks that I've received with this device.

In my previous ownership with the iPad 2, I cannot remember 1 time where I was shocked or created some type of static electricity while using the device. It's strange, and I don't believe that I've been handling the device any differently than what I have with the older iPad. Last night, I went to sit down on my couch, I received a triple jolt of charged static that actually hurt for a few seconds afterward.

Has anyone else had problems with their new iPad and static electricity?

G

Just went online to find out if other people had the same electrifying experience with the new iPad..sounds like you have at least! I felt a weird shiver all down my arm and was alarmed to realize it was from the iPad! Maybe a cover would solve this? Still...very disturbing.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Unregistered;bt283 said:
Just went online to find out if other people had the same electrifying experience with the new iPad..sounds like you have at least! I felt a weird shiver all down my arm and was alarmed to realize it was from the iPad! Maybe a cover would solve this? Still...very disturbing.
Right, though I haven't found a whole lot of posts about it in mac forums.

I was actually using a cover when receiving a lot of the static shocks during the first couple of weeks of use. Now that I've been using it for the past couple of months, I rarely notice any static?? How long have you had your new iPad?

G

I just got my new iPad 3 a little over a week ago and am experiencing the same issue with static electricity. I never had this with me iPad 1. I contacted apple and was given an article on earbud static electricity and told it could be "normal" due to the more powerful processor. I accepted what I was told, as I didn't know what else to do. Last night in bed as I had my iPad propped up on my lap I felt the "shock" again, but this time it felt like a milder more continuous electric current, and noticed my heart was racing shortly after. Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but I put the iPad away and the heart racing went away. I'm really concerned now, and not sure what to do. Have you found more information on this? Are you still experiencing this problem?

G

Has anyone got any more information on this at all?

My gf has been getting a lot of static shocks after using her iPad more frequently, I have had shocks off of her and other people have experienced it too. She revives shocks when she touches and item and the charge grounds itself.

Any info would be helpful, please contact me on via Twitter @ProMooch

G

كشف تسربات المياه بمكة
تنظيف فلل بمكة
تنظيف واجهات زجاج بمكة
شركة نقل اثاث بمكة
تنظيف شقق بمكة
شركات النظافة بمكة
شركات تلميع السيراميك بمكة

جلي بلاط بمكة
شركة تنظيف مسابح بمكة
شركة صيانة مسابح بمكة