Is BOSE Worth The Money?

pghmyn

DTVUSA Member
I have seen these speakers on the market and they are very pricey! The speakers are very small, and there usually is not a lot of them in a package. What about these speakers makes them so good, and so expensive?

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
Well they have to be good speakers if they're named after Dr. Bose himself. ;) My uncle has a Home Theater Bose set of speakers and he loves them, but I honestly can't tell a difference between those and my JBL 5 speaker surround sound setup. Kind of hard to compare, but I'm interested to see some of the responses on this thread.

misha

DTVUSA Member
That is all just a big scam because they are so NAME brand. Speakers are pretty much the same, when you get into the higher prices.

Go ahead, someone correct me and say, "NO WAY! THERE ARE SPEAKERS OUT THERE THAT ARE TERRIBLE!"

Get a good reliable brand. Read the reviews. Don't waste your money when you don't have to.

BOSE is such a big name, and they are so innovative with their products. This is the big things that catches people, and makes them want to buy the product.

Just because their name is so big and well known doesn't mean they are the best. Remember that. There are other companies out there that can make a much better product for a much smaller price tag.

pghmyn

DTVUSA Member
Seems as though not everyone thinks BOSE is so great. I looked through the online Best Buy catalog, and I found nothing by them that I would like to have in my house. Everything is so overpriced that I couldn't imagine what it would be like to buy that one speaker.

misha

DTVUSA Member
Seems as though not everyone thinks BOSE is so great. I looked through the online Best Buy catalog, and I found nothing by them that I would like to have in my house. Everything is so overpriced that I couldn't imagine what it would be like to buy that one speaker.
If you don't think it is worth you spending the money, the by all means don't do it. You can find something that will suite your needs just fine at a much smaller cost to you. I don't see BOSE going on sale anytime soon either.

casey

DTVUSA Member
Don't waste your money on BOSE speakers when you could be getting such better quality from speakers like JBL and Polk Audio. There are also many others that are cheaper, and perform just as good, if not better! Try Sony, Samsung, Toshiba, etc.

Softie

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I think they are absolutely worth the money! Have you ever heard them? They are amazing and can get the whole room and a crowded party filled with your tunes. And the portable ones are so great for vacations or hanging out outside. they are second to none!

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
I think they are absolutely worth the money! Have you ever heard them? They are amazing and can get the whole room and a crowded party filled with your tunes. And the portable ones are so great for vacations or hanging out outside. they are second to none!
I've heard them, and I have heard them in a house before, not just the store. There is no speaker worth that kind of money. They simply just play sounds, but at higher levels than others.

I don't like the fact that the 901s have to be driven by an equalizer. A speaker should be good enough on its own. Without the equalizer, the 901s are horrible.

I never buy BOSE. i'd love to see them go bankrupt for overcharging for sound equip.

NO SET OF HEADPHONES should cost $500!!! plus yes, i have heard them. and nope, the Sony cheapies i have sound just as nice if not better for $20.

The WAVE Radio is sucky, if you're using it for a home theatre. sure it's small. but i've heard more bass from a Multiplex from the late '60s. for far less.

BOSE is just another Rolex. for different stuff. Rolex is stupid too. it's a watch. nothing more. i will never see justification or any reason to be 'hot' by paying $10-grand for a watch that does nothing more than tell time just like any old watch. it doesn't tell weather, or ZULU, or anything to be worth paying that much for. as for rich people showing off such high dollar brands, i tell them 'what? you love bragging about wasting money?'

Make a test. Listen to the speakers. And take the speakers which sound best for your ears.

Do not buy because of a name. Choose because you like the sound and the quality of work.

That is the way to find out which is best for you.

same here. if i tested out a Kirby upright vacuum and then a simple $80 Bissel, and the Bissel did more and felt nicer, why pay more for something that does less and weighs a ton and costs 4 times more?

Besides, BOSE name brand items show up all the time at Goodwill for $10 LOL including a big Zenith TV with a Hi-Fi Bose speaker system that only went for $40 there.

same here. if i tested out a Kirby upright vacuum and then a simple $80 Bissel, and the Bissel did more and felt nicer, why pay more for something that does less and weighs a ton and costs 4 times more?

Besides, BOSE name brand items show up all the time at Goodwill for $10 LOL including a big Zenith TV with a Hi-Fi Bose speaker system that only went for $40 there.
But it's Doctor Bose we're talking about here. ;)

I bought a car with a bose system in it 2-3 years ago. Sounded good, but not for the premium they charged me. I've tested a few of their cube speaker surround systems, but not worth the premium again. Ask any Home Theater purist about Bose and I swear this is the face you'll see - :yell:

The best thing is not to go with the name but to go with the quality of the speakers. Make a review about the speaker quality from the people who had already bought and using it. I think you will get a picture after that whether to buy a specific brand or not.

but they give you a FREE set of speaker stand with the purchase of their headphones! gee i guess i HAVE to buy it now! (joke)

I bought a new mini-notebook computer for guess what? $200. it was on sale at Staples for $199.99. 160GB Hard Drive, Wi-Fi, webcam, multi-in-one card reader, 1GB RAM, Windows XP Home.

Not a bad deal for a small computer i can use easily at hotspots. i'd wonder what BOSE would charge had they went further and made computers.

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
@DTVuser2009

Are you joking?

How mini is your mini-notebook with 160GB Hard Drive, Wi-Fi, webcam, multi-in-one card reader, 1GB RAM, Windows XP Home includes?

Sounds nearly to good to be true.